+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

I have a compressed natural gas Honda Civic GX (and "gas up" in my garage using my home natural gas!). I just received my clean air decals and they are all white. I only received 3 - 2 for the side rear panels (behind the rear wheel well) and one for the rear bumper. Could it be that the yellow stickers are to differentiated the hybrids which still depend upon gasoline for the completely alternative fuel vehicles like natural gas and electric? All of the CNG vehicles I have seen have white stickers and have been allowed to have them for many years prior to the new hybrid allowance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

hey! does anyone know what would happen if the stickers were not exactly placed the right way? I accidentally placed the large ones on the bumper and the small ones on the sides???

Nothing!

I got my stickers today -- the DMV actually sent them to the dealer where I bought my car, luckily they were nice enough to call me about it.

Has anyone carefully looked at the application instructions? They are classic. As others have mentioned, you put the stickers on the sides of your car as well as the front and rear bumpers. The instructions say to put them on the right side of the bumpers, but the picture of how you should do this shows the sticker on the driver's side of the front bumber. Isn't that the left side? That is the side with the left door!

I put it where they showed it assuming that the mean to put on the right side of the bumber as you face it. Hope I don't get a $275 ticket.

Here's the actual application instructions:

http://www.paulburnett.com/sticker.pdf

(Hit the"Rotate the image" icon three times - sorry about that.)

Hi All,

Just got my DMV carpool stickers for my Prius. It took the DMV about 2 weeks after they cashed the check. They are not very appealing and I think that the DMV could have done a better job. But of course for a lousy 8 bucks its worth it to cut the commute time in the SF Bay area.

Note to the DMV - Speak to your customer support people on the phone and tell them it does not take 6-8 weeks to get the stickers. I think I just got a pissed of DMV employee. So what else is new? But I'm not bitter.

Getting anxious as another prior post had mentioned about whether to wait to grab the first hybrid available?

Anyone got any idea about how much HOV stickers have been issued? (more importantly, HOW MANY ARE LEFT???!!! for those of us still waiting to get a hybrid to put the sticker on?)

I wouldn't worry about getting the hybrid HOV sticker. There are 75K stickers that the CA DMV has to hand out and I think only about 1/4 has already been issued. Besides not everyone will want one anyway.
    The bigger issue are the slugs at the DMV. It takes them about 2-4 weeks to send it to you after they cash you check. I inquired with the DMV after 2 weeks and the customer service rep. that I got was nasty and said 6-8 weeks. When I told her thats seems like a really long time she exclaimed "Well its for all of California". Typically misinformed DMV employee. Their web site says you will receive the stickers in approximately 4 weeks. I got lucky. Mine came in approx 2 1/2 weeks. In addition you also have to get the FASTrak Pass too. All the information is in the CA DMV web site.

Good luck!

I also noticed the left / right discrepancy. The diagram has got to be wrong!