+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Paul,
    Thanks for the advice and link. I actually have a Prius, and I wanted to see how low I can put them. Yours are very visible and very straight - great job! (I can't believe how crooked some of them are!), but I would like to have them as low as possible. High enough for authorities, but low enough to have some pride in my car's appearance. Probably wishful thinking anyhow. Can't get around that blatant yellow.

Oh well...shouldn't be complaining now anyhow, right? I got the car...got the stickers!

Good luck to those who are still waiting!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

can we get replacement stickers if we are different owners than the original owner who got the original stickers?

Yes, you can. The stickers are associated with the vehicle not the owner.

6/9/06 - Bought Prius package 3 and required assurance from dealer that they would register the car with the DMV right away.
    6/12/06 - Car delivered.
    6/23/06 - Application maield to DMV with VIN only.
    6/27/06 - Dealer personally registered car at DMV (yes, he got in line at the DMV, waited, and picked up not just plate numbers but the plates themselves) so both VIN and plates would be in the DMV database when DMV received my application
    7/02/06 - Plates picked up from dealer
    7/10/06 - $8 check cashed
    7/11/06 - Stickers issued
    7/19/06 - Stickers received (#668xx)

i thought you could submit the form w/out your plates (this is what i was told when i picked up my Prius July 8). my application was returned w/the note "please resbumit once you have your plates". turns out you need to have you plates in the database (?) or physically in hand before DMV will accept the app???

Plates need to be in he database. Best way to get plate numbers is to have your dealer look them up. A good opportunity to see what kind of customer service your dealer really provides. The other option is to call DMV yourself: 800-777-0133. I had good luck calling myself, others not so good. This link has some additional info.
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=18613

Good luck.

May 19th: Bought 2006 Prius package 8
    June 26th: Got License plate number by calling dealer

July 10th: Mailed form to DMV (regular first class)
    July 18th: Check clears bank
    July 19th: Sticker issues (date of issue on certificate)
    July 20th: DMV mails sticker (post mark on envelope)
    July 24th: Received stickers - 677xx

Long version:
    Decided to buy the Prius in early May. Called South Bay dealers and found that the wait was 10 to 16 weeks.
    Called dealers farther away and found that Santa Rosa had a Red Package 8 coming shortly, and put my name down for it.
    Car arrived on 17th May. Drove up and picked up the car on 19th May.
    Dealer took 2+ weeks to file the registration, DMV took 2+ weeks to process it.
    Kept calling the dealer periodically, and got the license plate number on June 26th.
    (Had been calling DMV as well, but it did'nt show up on their customer service system, even though dealer was able to tell me that DMV had recvd but not processed the reg. Finally DMV was able to tell me that license plate issued, but would'nt give me the # by phone. I called the dealer and had them look it up.)
    Got the FastTrak transponder and mailed the app the same day (June 26th.)
    USPS returned the app to me, since I hadn't completed the address properly (Oops!)
    Sent in the app again to DMV on July 10th; double checked the address this time!

Looks like they are doing around 900 a week, and are only backed up a week. Applying within the next few weeks should be OK. Good luck.

I got my Package 7 Super White Prius on 7/18/06 and 1 week later I come back to my car after a day at the beach to find a huge gash on the left of my rear side that's about 1.5-2 ft in length... What luck I just washed and waxed it yesterday! Anyway...

I turned in the app for my transponder, do I need my plates for the next step or can I just get the stickers with the transponder receipt and 8$ and Sticker App? I read stuff about registering? Thanks all!

Dey

Anyone happen to know if I can drive my Insight alone in carpool lanes, and/or zip thru EZPass in the state of Massachusetts?
    Thanks.

We got our new Prius a week ago today and we love it. Looking forward to having to complain about such silly things as stickers.

I am kind of shocked that nobody has mentioned the added plus of free parking in the City of Los Angeles. While I can understand why so many people would love the bonus of being able to drive in the carpool lane alone, but for those of us who try to avoid the freeways as much as possible the free parking is why we cannot wait to get our stickers.

The City of Los Angeles just extended the program until 2008, as did Santa Monica. So if you have your stickers on your car you can park at any meter for free. You still have to follow the time rules as well as things like street cleaning and so on, but as long as you are parking at a meter that you are allowed to... no coins are needed. I believe Hermosa Beach has a similar program as well. For those of you in the LA area take advantage of this great perk as well, if you are not already, but beware that Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Culver City and other cities located in Los Angeles are not part of the program so keep feeding their meters.

It's nice to see that every now and then a person who is trying to make the world a better place, no matter how little of a step, is rewareded for doing so.