+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

5-3- Bought Prius package 7.
    5-8 -Car was delivered
    5-16- Received plates and sent in application that afternoon. Nothing fancy, no overnight delivery, no cashiers check. Just a personal check and US mail.
    5-25- Check cashed
    5-30- Stickers issued
    6-3- Received stickers
    6-5 thru present-cruising in the carpool lane and cutting 25 minutes off my morning commute on the 405!!! The $35 savings PER WEEK in gas is an added bonus. A HUGE added bonus.
    Sweeeeet!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Received Stickers on June 8, #621XX.

My only advise is, fax in your Fastrak application and payment. You'll get your transponder and paperwork in less than a week, right about the time you'll be thinking about calling your dealer for the plate number :-)

FYI - Received a letter from Toyota a couple of weeks ago (a dealer still had me on his waiting list which is probably why I got the letter) stating that Prius production would slow for a while due to the ramp up of Camry Hybrid production, thanks for your patience (or something like that). Draw your own conclusions.

there is a msg about the sticker sequence numbers and when you received the stickers.

The sticker serial numbers are sequential. However, I got my stickers 6/8 with a 61,5xx on it when some else got their stickers 6/9 and had 63,xxx. This is due to when the ORIGINAL app was received. I sent my ORIGINAL app into the DMV back in late April when I purchased my Prius. I had the app returned to me saying I needed plates first. When I re-submitted my app after I got plates (late May) and had it processed, I suspect I had my place in line held by the DMV based on the ORIGINAL app time. So the 61,5xx is most likely reflective of late April's sequence while the Early June is likely at the 63,xxx level.

I picked up my Honda Civic Hybrid last Friday. I paid list price and waited only two weeks for my car to arrive. I bought the car at Stockton to Malone Honda in Salt Lake City. I flew up on Friday afternoon and the whole transaction took about an hour. They were fast, courteous and they gave me a full detail job and a full tank of gas. It looks like there is still time to get the application in for the carpool stickers. If you are looking to get the HCH in time for a sticker, call Bart at Stockton to Malone (801)553-5100. I will post my progress when my stickers arrive!

Anyone know how many stickers are still available?

Got mine yesterday, sticker number 648xx.

OK, here's the sequence of events:
    6/9 Sent application/fee by delivery confirmation to DMV
    6/12 DMV receives apllication
    6/21 Check cashed
    6/26 Stickers/certificate issued
    6/27 Material mailed from DMV
    6/30 Received materials from DMV-now just waiting for it to be cool enough in this heat to apply the stickers and off I go.
    Sticker # 653XX

Observations:
    1) If your dealer cannot take the paperwork to DMV, register your car and get the license plates and give them to you, do it yourself. The dealers are getting alot of money-list price or better and all the fees so they better play ball. Our dealer, Carmax (car was 3 months old), had all kinds of excuses and told us it would be up to 90 days. We took the paperwork ourselves to DMV (Carmax filled it out incorrectly so it had to be redone by us and DMV) but the next day we walked out of DMV with the new registration and the Plates. The application was sent the next day to DMV for the stickers. You can probably only do this if you paid cash for the vehicle as if it is through financing, the dealer will not trust you to register it with a leinholder on the titile.
    2) As our sticker # is 653XX and they received the application on 6/12, it looks like they will reach 75,000 in 2 months or so (sometime in August I'd predict). Therefore get the car registered ASAP no matter what you need to do to the Dealer to get the car registered. I would tell the dealer the whole deal rests on them getting the car registered quickly (they can go to DMV and do it for you on the spot) or they lose out on your business. Do not let the dealer tell you that it takes time. They are lying to you as they have people in their business office who deal with DMV in person every business day.
    3) I take the 10 Freeway form the West Covina area to LA every day. I have noticed the carpool lane which requires 3 or more people during rush hour has so many cheaters with 1 or 2 people (not hybrids or other clean air cars) that it is slow because the CHP does nothing to them. If they started an enforcement action the carpool lane would be nearly empty and the STATE of California would be rich (minimum fine of $341) as they could site hundreds if not thousands (I really mean that many) of violators per day if they cracked down. Call the CHP and let them know of your concern. When I spoke with them, they agreed there was a large problem but were reluctant to do much about it. The reason I am suggesting this is that come Jan. 1, 2008 we lose our privilege to use the carpool lane if the lanes are too crowded. The legislature will not renew our stickers if they feel the carpool lanes have become too crowded. I do not want to lose that privilege because so many people are cheating.

Good luck to all of you!! Thanks to those who have added helpful information to this site.

I bought prius on tuesday. Can i get the fasttrak without registration papers?

Raghu: No:

"New FasTrak™ Customers – Step 1: Provide the following items to the Customer Service Center, either by mail/fax or in-person:

A completed Hybrid Vehicle FasTrak™ Application. See application form for details about initial pre-paid toll balances due, or transponder deposits due, if applicable.

A copy of your current vehicle registration that identifies your vehicle as a hybrid. (The address on your current vehicle registration MUST match the address of your new FasTrak™ account.)"

See http://www.bayareafastrak.org/static...ions.shtml#new

Thanks to everyone for all the information on this page. I recently bought a hybrid and went in person to the fasttrak office in SF to get a transponder. The cashier told me to turn in the sticker app immediately without waiting for plates. I didn't even ask about it. Along with the cash register receipt and "welcome letter" receipt, she gave me a printed screenshot of the computer screen which showed my VIN in a comment box with a note that a hybrid transponder was issued. Does everybody who registers in person get a screenshot of the fasttrak registration program in winxp along with their receipt? Should I really turn in my sticker app now, or wait for plates first?