+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

I just got my stickers and will try putting them on the inside of my front and rear windshields only, with scotch tape. I'll let you know what happens which I hope is nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have just found this from the Bay Area FastTrak website. For those who just purchased their hybrid cars, you don't need to wait until after you get the DMV registration to get the FastTrak transponder.

http://www.bayareafastrak.org/static...q_hybrid.shtml

Does anyone know how many stickers the state has issued so far? I'm debating whether I should buy my 2006 Civic (hybrid) in a couple weeks, or wait until Jan. 1 to get the better tax credit, but I don't want to miss out on the sticker.

I bought a Civic Hybrid about a month ago. The dealer told me they would send the carpool sticker application for me along with other DMV paperwork. It's been 1 month now. I still haven't received anything. Of course, I haven't received my license plate either. I wonder if there is any site I can check for status, or should I apply again after receiving my plate.

I would send in another app, considering it's ony $8 anyway, and should both checks clear, you can apply for refund from DMV. Good luck! I'm waiting on my stickers as well, and mine was sent 8/18.

At first I hate the sticker
    but everyday it is looking better and nowit is the best looking yellow sticker as I cruise the diamond lane

I doubt that you'll get pulled over in your Prius if you don't put one on the front bumper, you know, for the magnet idea. I mean, come on, it's a Prius. My friend has one, tinted the hell out'a the front windows, speeds a lot, and never has any problems. And maybe you could get a set of strong mag sheets and put one on the inside of the rear window. You know, the small verticle one. If you found something strong enough you could have the magnet inide the car holding down the one on the outside. All hail that guy from Texas. Brillient idea.

I too just got my stickers (DMV took 3 weeks to send them), and I HATE THEM! I have a black 2005 Prius, and they are SO UGLY. I have never any put any type of sticker on any car I've owned.

I agree with the person who said why doesn't the state just make a different license plate? And, as another poster said, it is a Prius, and the Prius is an "approved" car for purposes of the HOV lane.

There is a form that accompanies the stickers that you are supposed to keep in the car along with the registration that must be presented to a cop upon request. That alone would prove that you legally have the stickers.

To the folks in California who want to start a movement to get rid of these ugly stickers, please email me. Let's talk. The more of us who complain, the better.

Having said all of that, my commute is cut at least 20 minutes and I'm getting a minimum of 50 mpg.

One more thing: Look at the problem these stickers present in removing them: (this is from the DMV's web site:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

---
    Warning! Once a sticker is affixed to the vehicle, it cannot be removed without being destroyed. If you decide you no longer want the Clean Air Stickers on your vehicle, please call the sticker manufacturer for information and assistance in removing a Series 690 product. The telephone number is 1-800-553-1380. At the first telephone prompt, press #4. At the second prompt, press #2.
    ---

Should we REALLY be required to ruin the paint job of a brand new car to drive in the HOV lane that we've already paid for with our tax dollars anyway?

I have a 2005 Black Prius also, but I could care less about the color of the stickers. I bought the car because I drive over 120 miles a day for work and the commute in the morning usually averages about 2 1/2 hours. Needless to say, I was filling up my old car with gas about every day and a half.

When I got the stickers for the carpool lane, I didn't care what color they were. Don't get me wrong, it would have been nicer to have white stickers, but if they were neon green and allowed me to cut my commute time in half, I would have done it.

I now have about an hour and a half commute to work and fill my tank every 6 to 7 days. I quietly smile to myself as I cruise along in the carpool lane on the 105 and watch everyone else sitting in traffic. I am glad as a Hybrid owner that I am even allowed this perk. It has been an extra bonus to owning the Prius.