+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

i bought my 2006 prius in feb. I applied for my stickers the day after cause i was told i could by my dealer and the local DMV. They cashed my check on march 10th. well it is now april 6th and i recieved my application back stating that i need a fast track application for san fran.(I live in LA) and i need to have my plates.......what a pile of bull. Now I have to re-apply!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

03/16/06: Priority mailed clean air sticker application
    03/24/06: Check cashed
    03/27/06: Recorded issue date of stickers
    03/28/06: Postmark date
    04/04/06: Received stickers in the mail

I applied with "Temp" written in the license plate section on the application, but when the stickers arrived, my new license plate number was recorded on the paper work. This may mean that the DMV has to have the new license plate number in their computer system prior to releasing the stickers??

CM,

What number is your sticker?

CZ

I applied for stickers the day I bought my car on 3/17/06, I just received a rejection letter saying that I need m License Plate Number. Damn, the myth is true. I guess if you time it right and the DMV has everything entered you may get your stickers prior to the plate, but it's a balancing act and timing.

anybody know if I should just re-apply and pray?

CZ,

If you are going to reapply before you receive your plates I recommend that you look at Al D's blog on March 31st. I was originally rejected by the DMV because I didn't have my license plate number. I called the dealer and got the number from them. I re-sent my application on April 3rd and the DMV cashed the check this morning (April 7th). Hopefully I'll get my stickers within a couple of weeks. I'm still waiting for my plates to arrive in the mail.

Kevin, Way cool and good for you ! I think I'll do the same. What is your sticker #?

I purchased my Honda Civic Hybrid back in early december. I got my hov lane sticker in January. The only regret I have is not taking the time to find the civic I truely wanted, one with navigation package due to the fear of being left out of the 50,000 hov lane sticker spot. I am curious if the navigation is truely worth it or aftermarkets can perform just as good. Is a $1,500 8" tablet pc wih software microsoft 2006 streets and trips with gps comparible with stock gps.

Are CA plates required to register for a sticker? I live in SF, but I'm thinking about buying a hybrid out of state. Does anybody think it'll take too long to get CA plates and register for a sticker in time?

Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

Just got my HOV sticker application back, rejected due to "incomplete registration".

Looks like you need your plates before they'll process after all. At least in my case.

So now I have to wait until I get the stupid plates, then re-submit. I hope there's still stickers left by then.

I really hate the DMV, they SUCK. This kind of thing should be doable by just walking into your local DMV, showing your registration card, paying your $8 (cash or check because they're too friggin stupid to figure out how to work a card machine apparently) and walk out with your stickers. This 2 month process is RIDICULOUS.

The DMV needs to be privatized, fire all the make-work beaurocrats that MY tax dollars are paying for, and hire some competent people to get the whole mess figured out. It's embarrasing.

My sticker application update:

03/07/06 - Bought 2006 Prius
    03/08/06 - Sent in app without license plate number
    03/31/06 - App rejected by DMV
    03/31/06 - Called my Toyota dealer and got my
    plate number from them. (Thanks
    Alan D for the info you posted on
    March 31st).
    03/31/06 - Sent application again w/ plate number
    04/03/06 - Check cashed by DMV
    04/10/06 - Received stickers in the mail #553xx