+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Pissed off:

By law the dealer has 20 days after the purchase date to submit the registration papers to the DMV. If your car pool application arrives before the registration is received by the DMV it will be rejected. To make matters worse, as of late the DMV's backlog on registration processing has increased. What I suggest you do is contact your dealership three weeks after you purchased your car and ask to speak with the finance department. There is usually a DMV liason person who handles all the DMV registration submissions. This liason will have access to your license plate number via the DMV's comuter once the registration has been processed. By doing this you can save youself about a month's time of waiting for the plates to physically arrive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

sam - thank for the sticker number! looks like a good chance people applying in March/April will get theirs.
    I'll post my sticker number when I get it...
    neqeuo

I bought a Prius a months, signed up with Fastrak in SF, and mailed the clean air sticker application with all the required documents, with "Temporary" under license plate.

Three weeks later, DMV returned the application to me, with a note saying that I have to wait until I get the license plates.

Have they changed the rules?

Hey pissed off,
    I have the same problem, bought a prius in 3/14,mailed the application for access sticker on 3/15, received a rejected letter on 3/31. The DMV is so inconsistent, I just saw a prius this morning with the sticker eventhough it doesn't have the license plate. Just another incomptetent government agency.

Alan D - Thanks for the great advice. I called my dealer and got the license plate number from them. Now I just have to wait patiently

bought HCH2 3/12
    got x-ponder 3/14
    sent in sticker app 3/15
    received plates 3/28
    received sticker 4/1 (no april foolin')
    saved 30 min on 880 commute 4/3
    sticker #54xxx

Update:
    Got my HCH 3/15 (MSRP-Autowest Honda in Fremont)
    Fastrack 3/16
    Sent in application 3/16.
    Got letter telling me to reapply when I get plates 4/3.
    :-(

I'm so glad I found this blog. Bought my 06 HCH 2 weeks ago in Temecula $600 over msrp (no nav). Called CARB (Cal Air Resouce Board) and was told DMV must have license plate number to issue stickers. Like others here I have personally seen a couple of hybrids with the sticker with no license plate yet. I called again and informed them and they just said "uh, you need the license plate sir."

I am sitting here like a dummy waiting for my plate when it appears I could apply without it as many on here have. App is going out tomorrow 4/5/06. I also heard there were 2 DMV's that issue them in person (one in SF and one in LA) but the DMV denies any knowledge of this fact.

I think what it is, is that the license plate must be in the DMV computer for them to issue.
    That is the only reason I can think of for seeing cars without plates with stickers.

I have been following this blog for months and have to add my 2 cents here. Just purchased a 2006 HCH last night at San Juan Capistrano Weseloh Honda and the experience couldn't have been any better. I ordered a blue one 2 months ago but got a call from Honda yesterday that a white one had arrived and they wanted to know if I would be willing to give my blue one on order to another buyer who really wants blue. They let me think about it for 2 days. I decided not to risk not getting the stickers and bought the white one last night. They sold it to me at sticker price, as promised 2 months ago, without the $300 markup that happened to all civics last month. They are putting in leather seats for $500 under normal price, threw in the wheel locks and bought my old accord back at a great price. There was never ANY pressure from anyone at the shop and everything was up front from the very beginning. I will continue to go back there for every car we purchase as long as I live in OC. I highly recommend Weseloh Honda. Submitting my app today for the car pool stickers and will begin to play the waiting game. Thanks everyone for all the great information on the blog.