just got my stickers 2/25/06
    sent app. 2/01/06
    check cleared 2/21/06
    sticker # 49,5xx

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

I just ordered a 2006 Civic Hybrid w/ Navigation from Lompoc Honda. It will take 8-10 weeks to get here from Japan, but I will get the exact car that I want for not a penny over MSRP. Shop around! Don't pay the rediculous 5k mark-up that some dealers are charging, and when you find the one you want get the price in writing! For those that already have their 2006 Civic Hybrid, how do you like it? Thanks!

application mailed 1/30
    check cleared 2/21
    stickers recieved 2/23
    # 49983

also, DMV said you don't need a license plate to apply. All you need is the VIN so if you order a car, the dealer gives you the VIN the same day so you can apply for the sticker while the car is in transit. This means if your car takes a month to deliver, you'll probably have the stickers the same day you pick up the car!

also, here's something interesing. When I got my Registration from DMV, they included a note saying they "reserved my "stickers" for my Prius and to send $8 so this is pretty cool too in case you don't get them.

~see ya in the HOV tomorrow!!!!!

Hi, does anyone know if the limit on clean air stickers has increased to 75,000? If yes, do you know how many have been distributed as of today. Thank you!

If you follow the thread back, Feb 3rd Peter gave the ARB (800) 242-4450 number and confirmed the stickers are going to 75k. The Mercury News confirmed 75k also.

The burn rate for HOV stickers appears to be around 200 / day, or 6k per month. People who applied 3-4 weeks ago are now receiving numbers ~ 50k, so figure 56k applications have been received, and you could guessimate there's about 95 days left.

One thing NOT to do when mailing your application to DMV is send it certified to make sure it gets there. Anal me thought I was being safe only to find out anything sent certified to the DMV gets rerouted to their Legal department, which then gets lost in the system. DMV won't start a search till at least 5 - 8 weeks after you mailed the application.

Last thing to remember is the stickers expire at the end of 2007 and we're all back in the slo lane, so get that application in proto !

Different DMV offices are inconsistent in telling folks whether or not they need their license plates before applying for the HOV.

But several of us have called and verified that CalTrans plans to issue all 75,000 decals, to answer your question. See above postings in early to mid Feb.

Now, if we all write in to our representatives to request the statute be renewed in 18 months or so when it expires....!!!

I just received my stickers yesterday...right out the gate, trimmed 15 minutes off my 30 mile commute. Averaging 45 MPG!

Mailed DMV application on Feb 3, 2006
    Checked cleared on Feb 23, 2006
    Received stickers Mar 1, 2006
    Sticker number 50,02X

can anyone tell me what your average fuel consumption for a honda civic hybrid 2006 model is.
    I'm still getting an average fuel consumption of 37mpg. Isn't it weird, it should be at least more than 40?? or is there something wrong with my engine or battery?? I tried not to step on the pedal too much.

im getting 47.5 mpg everytime i go to work which is 40 miles one way, just imagine there's an egg under the accelerator, get the point?

I've heard the first couple tanks on a PRIUS will be lower until the car can adjust to your particular driving style. My first couple tanks of gas averaged 37-42 mpg.

I'm on my 4th or 5th tank of gas now and consistently get 48-52 mpg now.

Not sure if it's the same for the HCH but just remember to "look ahead" and anticpate the stops coming and don't mash down the gas pedal when accelerating.

Hope this helps!