+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Purchased my HCH on 1/1/06
    Mailed application for the clear air stickers on 1/6/06 (without license plate)
    Check was cashed on 1/25/06
    Stickers arrived 2/4/06 (in the 46000 range)
    Currently obsessing over exactly where to place them on the car (given the limitations) to minimize the aesthetic damage!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

N.D., see my blog at http://www.hybridcars.com/blogs/blog...th=9&year=2005 for a picture of where two of the four stickers go on a 2003/4/5 HCH. See http://www.paulburnett.com/sticker.pdf for the DMV sticker application instructions. (Sorry for the epeat posting, if anybody notices [grin].)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. I know where the stickers are supposed to go; itís just that they donít look so pleasing to the eyes. I wanted to make sure to at least place them centered and straight within the allowed space.

UPDATE!!! Bought my HCH on 1/16/06. Thanks to Fred I didn't need to wait at all (and only paid MSRP, nothing over). Here are my sticker details:

Bought car on Jan 16
    Mailed application for stickers Jan. 17
    Checked cleared Feb 2nd
    Stickers arrived Feb. 4th (18 days)
    Sticker number around 45650

On the application I wrote Temporary (Thanks again Fred) for license plate number. Filled it out on line and it automatically filled out top and bottom copy, so I sent them both in.

Ben, pretty courageous on the on-ramp lane, going ahead though you weren't 100% sure. I hope you're right because I'm going to try. it.

Last, we have car pool parking spaces at work and I am going to make a pitch to our facilities to let me park in these premium spaces. Would encourage others to try as well.

Ron, good luck with the car pool parking spots. Remember, your DMV stickers are for CalTrans' diamond lanes, and your company may interpret that their car pool parking spots are not the same thing as CalTrans' diamond lanes. You might be better off asking first...

Got my stickers today!!! I sent the application in on January 16th....check cleared on the 2nd or 3rd of February...got the stickers on the 6th. I can't wait to travel the 55! Also....sticker number is 47390. Good luck...looks like they are starting to get close to the 50,000.

Hi there! I have been anxiously waiting for my stickers and just discovered I put down the incorrect license plate on the DMV form. I put 3007 and it should have been 307. It was correct on my fastrak receipt and registration. Do you think this will go through? I can't believe I could have done this. Thanks for your advice!

Do Money Orders Speed the HOV Application process
    or do they not wait for checks to clear?

Thanks

Has anyone bought their Hybid out of state,
    gotten the 15 day driveaway temps to CA
    and tried applying for the HOV stickers
    before CA processed the out of state VIN/registration?

If the numbers are up to 47k from 45k in the last three weeks or so, they'll past 50k before the out of state paperwork is processed!

Or does CA not care where the Prius was purchased when issuing the HOV, so long as the driver's license is of a CA resident?

Thanks

Mailed application 20 Jan. Check cashed on 31 Jan and stickers arrived 8 Feb 47,5xx. Carpool lane was a breeze for the wife.

Good luck to the rest of you and I'm betting they'll go to 75,000 without a problem because if they were going to stop at 50K we'd know by now.