+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

So, what about Ben's comment of January 10 about seeing a CHP pull over a hybrid car with clean air stickers, when it was accessing the freeway from the carpool lane? Is there a problem with using the carpool onramp in a hybrid car that has the stickers, or is it likely the CHP just made a mistake?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I work in Sacramento. Does Anyone know if you can go to Sacramento and apply in person or does it have to be by mail?

Applied 12/27/05 received stickers today 1/21/06. Completed forms prior to receiving plates.

I would expect a number of folks waited until 2006 to purchase due to tax break. May cause some delay I would expect.

JR....see posts above. It looks like you have to apply by mail.

Bought 06 HCH on Jan 2, mailed stickers next day (Jan 3), DMV just cashed my check on Jan 19 even though I haven't received my plates yet. I post here when/if the stickers come.

UPDATE: Stickers came today!
    I just posted that last post earlier... should have waited a few hours.

Stickers came today! Low 45,000 range.
    No license plate yet, just VIN, but they still cashed the check and sent the stickers!

Today is Jan 23
    Car bought: Jan 2
    Request for stickers mailed: Jan 3rd
    DMV check cleared: Jan 19th
    Stickers arrived: Jan 23rd
    No license plate yet, just had the VIN number.
    Sticker #: 45,XXX (low 45)

WOW. Check cleared on 1/20 and I got my Stickers in the mail today. Number is low-mid 45XXX.

I received my clean air stickers, and the written and graphic directions for the small sticker that goes on the front bumper contradict themselves. Written instructions indicate it would go on the right front bumper; the diagram shows it on the left front bumper (on your right if you face the car from in front of it). My informal survey of hybrid Priuses and Civics the last few days indicates that more people are putting it on the left front than on the right front, but it turns up on different sides on different cars. When I called the DMV, the idiot I got on the phone (and then her supervisor) had no idea, really, where the stickers go. The supervisor said put two stickers on the rear bumper and two on the front bumper! (And we all know the two big stickers go on the right and left side, behind the wheel wells, and one of the small stickers goes on the left rear bumper.)

Did anybody ever get a definitive answer somewhere about where that last small sticker is supposed to go on the front bumper?

Whoops. Make that "one of the small stickers goes on the right rear bumper."

could somebody tell me how many stickers have been issued by the DMV as of today. Cause i just bought my car last sunday. I'm worried that i'm not gonna make it.