+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Prince, I'm not sure how they did it, but my employer got carpool lane stickers for the six Priuses in our fleet. I do recall hearing it cost a lot more than it would cost for a private citizen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hey Valerie & Paul

Just to clarify ... the ARB confirmed that California DMV will issue 75,000 Clean Air Stickers and told me they still have apprx. 25,000 left.

As for getting one before you get your license plate ... I'll post an update when I pick up my Prius in 3 weeks. I've been getting conflicting stories about whether or not DMV will issue the decal without the license plate number. According to the ARB, DMV won't but I just saw a brand new Prius today without a license plate and they had the "precious" on their car so WTF.

on a side note ... the Clean Air Sticker program is only good through 2008 at which time, they will readdress the isssue and decide whether or not to continue the program. I'd like to think the 10-1 vote to orginally get it started is a good sign they will continue the program, otherwise we'll be right back to where we started in 2009.

I heard the Gov just signed a bill to extend the carpool lane on the 405 Northbound ... is this true? It sure would be nice to have it through the Sepulveda Pass

See my blog at http://www.hybridcars.com/blogs/hybr...-be-restricted for a recent comment from the DMV and Caltrans about the stickers.

Two things: (1) stickers before plate and (2) paying above MSRP

(1) I bought my HCH on Jan 2nd. Decided to send it to CARB for the stickers before the plate to see what happens. At worse I'll be out $8. As of now no reply, but it's only been a short time. If I don't get them by the time I get the plates, I'll just resubmit $8 when the plates come. Has anyone else done this?

(2) Honda HCH: As I posted in another post here you DON'T have to pay above sticker if you do a bit of research. I live in So. Cal. and on Jan 2nd, the sleazy dealer by me (Honda World Westminster) wanted $4995 above sticker, most are $2k above, Autoland (credit union buying service) $1.5 above. What I did: On Jan 1 at night I went to Honda's website, did a dealer quote (through their website). You have to enter a zip code. So I looked in Google, and picked about 30+ zip codes at random from San Diego to Fresno. About 20 were above MSRP, 3 came back at MSRP, and one actually $100 below--I think it was Bakersfield, and I wound up going down the next day to Temecula (Norm Reeves there, though I don't think they're related to the other NRs), and they had two in stock in the color I wanted (alabaster silver). Picked it up for MSRP, not a penny over, no haggle, no required options (Costa Mesa Power Honda "doesn't mark up their cars" but requires you to pay $1000 extra for mud protectors and tire locks, something that would normally cost about $70 -- and something that NR Temecula put on my car for free (included, at MSRP). Now you may walk in today and NR Temecula might charge you above sticker who knows (this was through their internet dept). All I'm saying though, is that on the morning of Jan 2nd I got 30+ replies back, and 3 would sell at MSRP, and another would sell below. Just flood every dealership you can asking for a quote by putting in as many zip codes as you can and doing it through Honda's website on the net. When you get a quote back in writing at least it's in writing. Worked for me. Was $22,400 ($24,391 out the door with tax, docs, everything).

I from LA. Bought my car from up north when visiting over the holiday for $600 above the invoice!!

Ok, Today is 1/20/06. I sent my paperwork for the stickers in on 12/29/06 with NO License plate. I jsut bought my car two days earlier. As of today, I have just had the $8 check cleared. I will re-upate when I get my stickers.

I bought my car on Jan 2. Sent in the paperwork on the 3rd. My check cleared on the 19th. Hopefully I will get my stickers soon!

As for the dealer mark-up, I did not pay over invoice at all. They had it marked up 2000, but we just refused. They also tried to give me 5000 less on my 2003 HCH trade in. That did not work either! You just have to be ready to walk out if they will not work with you!

BTW- I just love my new car!!

I sent in for the stickers on 12/23 and they arrived today. I also heard today that there are 8,000 stickers left of the 50,000 allocation...11,000 have been registered to LA county.

Just got my 2006 Prius from Symes Toyota. Loving it. Paid just sticker. Sending my sticker application in tomorrow. What the hack!