+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

And Merry Christmas to you, Boris.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quick question to those with the CA DMV Clean Air Stickers.

Can I just apply for them and not get the fasttrak?

I'd just prefer not to use Fasttrak as I don't drive up to SF often and would rather not go thru the hassle of signing up and paying for a FASTTRAK account.

If anyone can note here, or email me, and let me know that would be great.

Frank, if your car lives in any of the seven Bay Area counties, you are required to have a FasTrak transponder. That's just the way it is. See http://www.mtc.ca.gov/services/fastrak/hybrids.htm for a partial explanation...there's a better one (I think at the DMV) but I can't find it right now.

Many of you are writing about how long it took to receive the stickers in the mail after mailing in the application ~~ my question is: can you personally hand-deliver the application, check and paper work to the appropriate gov. agency location (even if you have to go to Sacramento) and receive the stickers on the spot? or at least expedite thethe delivery by doing some of the leg work? Thanks.

Marti
    January 1, 2006

Does anyone have the direct phone number for the DMV Sacramento HOV sticker customer service? Thanks.

Does anyone know how many stickers CA DMV has issued to date? Or how I can find out? Or, even, if I haven't bought my hybrid yet, but plan to this month, do you think I'm out of luck in getting a sticker?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to Marti,

I called on this very issue and they will NOT accept applications in person. You MUST mail it. They stated they will process them in the order received, and make a log of the requests received each day. I wanted to drive to Sacramento as well but they won't take it.

Good Luck. It took about three weeks to get my stickers in the mail.

Thanks so much, Natalie for your reply, you saved a long driving trip for nothing for me ~~ Thanks again!

Hi, we just got out '06 yesterday and are filling out the application for the carpool stickers now.

Quesion: As the car is brand new and we do not yet have a license plate, do we leave that field blank on the application and mail it anyway?

Also, anyone got a link to the application for the $3000+ tax refund?

Thanks

Sarah and Todd

Sara and Todd,
    When you fill out the application, write "TEMP" in the space for the license number. I bought a 2006 HCH in early November and applied for the stickers the day after buying the car (w/o a license plate). It took about a month to get the stickers, but still have not received my plates. That's the DMV for you! Good luck!