+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Congratulations on getting your stickers, Lan.

No, the carpool lanes don't bypass the tolls - but there are some (soon to be more!) toll lanes that can only be used by FasTrakers.

There's an antenna pointed at your car as you go through the toll booth area - your transponder goes PING, a light flashes that you've paid - and you don't even have to slow down very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Paul!

Sent my application on November 3rd, check cashed on November 12th, I still have not received my stickers. Any suggestions or are there others out there having my same issue?

Though I imagine it is an uncommon occurance, my stickers were erroneously held up in the DMV beurocracy by virtue of someone putting me into the wrong "basket" I sent my completed paperwork into the DMV in late September, and the check was cashed perhaps a week later. I did not receive my sticker until today, December 17th. After much calling, apparently there is only one group in Sacramento dealing with these stickers and no one else is qualifed to explain anything, I finally got through to a manager that was able to look up my account. My only recommendation is call, call, call, otherwise you may never get anything resolved. Also I drove in the HOV lanes for a month without a second look from the fuzz. They've got bigger fish to fry.

D

any clarity on whether these are transferrable. For example, I just bought an '05 Prius and was given the stickers from the previous owner (they are still on the pages and have not been placed on the car). Can I as the new owner use these stickers or do I have to reapply, etc. etc.

Does anybody know??

Thanks a lot!

If anyone cares, I called the DMV and they said the stickers go with the car so no need to transfer the name to the new owner!

That's right, Ted. The carpool lane stickers are like the license plate - they're tied to the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) - they're part of the car.

Is CA still issuing HOV stickers? Has anyone heard any rumors on how many may be left and/or how long they are projected to last?

Derrek: "The DMV has received 40,979 applications as of (December 14), issuing 37,409 carpool permits. The state will accept up to 75,000 so folks waiting to buy a 2006 hybrid should rest easy."

You whiners are a bunch of f_____g idiots. If you don't like the sticker, then sell your car and suffer in the other lanes with the rest of the traffic.

Government has the power to hurt in proportion to its power to help. You get the privilege to drive in the HOV lanes. Some asses in Sacramento made the "price" that fugly yellow sticker. Its your choice.

But please, shut up.

Boris