+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast

Prius purchased, sticker app in progress

1/2/07 - purchased prius
    1/2/07 - went to BayArea FasTrak center with temp reg. and purchase contract with printed VIN# to get transponder
    1/2/07 - dealer (SF Toyota) electronically registered and used available license plate in vault so I was able to get a plate number right away
    1/3/07 - mailed DMV Clean Air Sticker app via USPS Express Mail for morning delivery 1/5/07
    1/17/07 - $8 check shows cashed on my ebanking statement online.
    1/18/07 - waiting nervously for stickers

When I purchased the Prius on 1/2, I estimated about 8-10 days of additional stickers available at the current application receive rate of about 200/day and about 2000 stickers left (after all pending apps were filled). So I think its pretty risky at this point to purchase. Probably better to look at used Prii that already have the sticker.

Thanks again to everyone who posted on this forum (and also priuschat.com)

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Check cashed.

Great news, my online banking statement shows that my check from DMV was posted on 1/17/07 so I think I'm good to go.

My timeline again.
    1/2/07 bought my honda civic hybrid.
    1/4/07 got my plates from dealer who hand carried my application.
    1/5/07 mailed application for stickers regular mail.
    1/17/07 check cashed.
    waiting for stickers.

DMV are cashing checks...

Looks like DMV are doing a whole batch of stickers...

01/05 Mailed App and check
    01/18 DMV cashed check
    Stickers??????????

Got the stickers!

OK, so I got the stickers on 1/18. Very rapid processing since they received my application on 1/4. Good luck to everyone who is in process!

Stickers arrived

I got my stickers in the mail on Saturday 1/21/07. My check was cashed on 1/17/07.

Thanks for all the feedback and leads on information.

Too late?

Wonder if it's too late to buy a hybrid and get HOV stickers???

Are the stickers they give out still the big ugly ones?

ARB says Carpool Stickers Gone as of Today, 1-29-07

We called the ARB to ask about the number of remaining stickers, after receiving our stickers in the mail, today. We were wondering how closely we'd cut it. We were told ARB had just learned from the DMV that the stickers are all gone, as of today.

awaiting sticker

Quote Originally Posted by teaticket View Post
    We called the ARB to ask about the number of remaining stickers, after receiving our stickers in the mail, today. We were wondering how closely we'd cut it. We were told ARB had just learned from the DMV that the stickers are all gone, as of today.
    Congrats on getting your sticker. When did the dmv receive your check and when did you check clear? My check was received by the DMV via express mail on Jan 20 but still has not cleared. I'm anxiously awaiting this to happen as the DMV also told me that they are no longer accepting applications. Do you think I made it in before the cutoff?

Quote Originally Posted by jtierney View Post
    Congrats on getting your sticker. When did the dmv receive your check and when did you check clear? My check was received by the DMV via express mail on Jan 20 but still has not cleared. I'm anxiously awaiting this to happen as the DMV also told me that they are no longer accepting applications. Do you think I made it in before the cutoff?
    Hard to say but it's certainly possible you made it in. I wonder if you can call and ask, using the plates to identify yourself?

We bought our Prius on Fri 1/12. We overnighted the sticker request form and check to the DMV the same day, and wrote "New" in the license plate field (we'd read you could do that on an online forum). We did fill in the VIN number. The DMV would have received our overnight pkg on 1/16, the day after MLK Day. The check was deposited 1/20 and posted to our account 1/22, and I note the DMV wrote the plate numbers on the back of the check -- so clearly they waited to check the VIN against the plates before processing the check.

We got the (expedited) plates Thurs 1/18, and overnighted a second form and check to the DMV, this time with the plate numbers written into the form -- just to be safe. Interestingly, the second check was posted and cashed too -- posted just yesterday, 1/29 -- the very day the stickers arrived. We were concerned the two requests would cancel one another out, but our dealer said not to worry, when the DMV gets your request, they look up your car by its VIN number in "their database" -- and when they see the plate numbers registered to the VIN, that confirms ownership for them and they issue the sticker.

And now someone on Priuschat says the DMV actually ran out of stickers on 1/24.

So the fact that your check hasn't been cashed might not mean much -- we don't know which of our checks "counted" -- but the second one was posted the same day the stickers arrived. They may still be processing the backlog and not accepting new apps. Best of luck - really hope you get them.

This is Ron Lin, a reporter with the LA Times. I wanted to see if I could interview folks ASAP for a story about California running out of the carpool lane stickers for hybrids . Please e-mail me at ron.lin @ latimes.com . I'm looking to talk to people who wanted the stickers and just got the stickers, are still waiting to see if they've been accepted, just bought a car but haven't applied yet, or even folks who were just considering on buying one. Thanks.