+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
    Thank you HOVer the Mercury News article you posted confirms what the DMV told me on the phone this morning. Very comforting news to know those of us who recently sent an application have a shot at the sticker.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

gives me hope!

Thanks HOVer!

That was great news for us whom have just sent out the applications.
    I have become obsessed with checking these forums for any kind of info on the chance of receiving these BIG YELLOW STICKERS . Your info helps me read a sigh of relief until someone post a comment saying they received there stick numbered 868xx!!!

license plate for Honda Civic Hybrid

I bought a Honda Civic hybrid in the end of December 2006. My dealer told me that we are going to get our registration and license plate in about 4-6 weeks. We didn't know that without license plate we cannot apply for carpool lance sticker. We already mailed the application to DMV in Sacramento. Probably will be rejected. I asked our dealer to expedite our application for the registration. The answer is still the same: we will get our license plate by 3/29/2007! I am afraid by then the stickers are probably gone. I am very very upset now. The main purpose for us to by a hybrid car is to use the carpool lane because it took me to commute one and half hours just for one way every day between Tracy and San Jose!

Those who got their license plate within one week after purchasing the new car from dealers, could you tell me how come your dealer is so efficient? Thank you very much.

When I was considering purchasing the vehicle I let my dealer know that I was worried about not getting a sticker, I was told that they could expedite the plates since they have a service where they send a person to walk over the paperwork to get plates once a week to have the plates issued on the spot. If you go through the email threads I believe the dealer can do other things like electronically send the paperwork. Another dealer trying to sell me the natural gas civic said it would take me 3 months to get my plates on a hybrid so I went to the dealer that offered the expedited plate service for the same reason - to have a good chance at getting the sticker. Some entries on the email threads have said that they still got stickers without plates although not everyone who tried has been so lucky - at least that is my understanding from reading the forums. Your dealer can expedite the process if they wanted to.

hondacivic...

That really sucks, it's rare to see such a PITA dealer, especially since you gave them your business and especially if its a Honda dealer! From previous posts (and personal experience) only the DMV person at the dealer knows what they're talking about, the people in sales, finance or reception have absolutely no idea.

Assuming that your dealer already sent in the registration app - it could be that a plate # will be assigned to your car way before they even mail the actual plates. You could try and call the DMV, give them your VIN and find out if they've already received the registration application and have assigned a plate # to it. If they did assign a plate number your good to go, just get it from them and send in the sticker app.

Good luck!!

license plate for Honda Civic Hybrid---what a lie!

Thank you, nbarraga and HOVer. I am fighting for it right now. All I can say is that my dealer is a lier. They told me that they would submit the application yesterday. That is also what they told me this morning that they already mailed the application overnight yesterday and it would be too late for walking in service! But when I asked the DMV person for the tracking#, she told me that she made mistake and actually it was not mailed out yet. Then I asked her to do a special walk-in service for me. She said she must call DMV for appointment which cannot be done online. I waited for her about 2-3 hours for her to make that appointment. But she still didn't call me back. I cannot wait and call in again. She let me hold for at least 5 minutes. I doubt that she was just calling for making appointment with DMV. Finally she told me that the earliest available appointment is 1/24. So I have no choice but accept it. What a Honda dealer! I feel very very sorry for having bought that car!

All I can say is...WOW! I can't believe the runaround your getting from your dealer, it's like one lie after another.

Good news from DMV

I just spoke to a really nice helpful lady at the DMV.

She told me that everyone at the DMV was informed this morning that they had 1244 stickers left. I sent my application one week ago and have heard nothing, she seemed to think that I would have no problem receiving a set of stickers
    She also informed me that the back log was all caught up!

Got my carpool stickers today

I just want to thank everyone for the valuable info posted on this forum. I started a new job in Santa Monica a few weeks ago. It has been a horrible commute from Costa Mesa. I purchased a new 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid to help reduce the time spent in traffic. I followed the instructions provided on this forum and finally got my carpool stickers today.

Here is a quick history:
    12/14/06: Purchase car - asked dealer to do electronic registration
    12/19/06: Got the license plate number from the dealer and send in the application to DMV
    12/22/06: Received the license plate from DMV
    12/26/06: Check for $8 DMV application fee was posted to my bank account
    1/9/07: Carpool stickers were mailed out (as shown on the envelope)
    1/13/07: Received the carpool stickers

I am planning to buy a hybrid car this week but concerned about getting carpool stickers. After reading all these threads, it looks like all the stickers would be gone by next week. I also called up DMV today and she said DMV can not give any update on stickers. So if anyone in this forum has a fresh update on stickers left, please reply back.