+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

Thanks for the timeline, Kevin. Looks like I'll be calling my dealer this afternoon =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

damnit. my application got sent back. the DMV must be very inconsistent, I was told that we could submit without our license plate numbers. my application was returned stating that I needed to supply a copy of my registration card, would that be because I didn't have my license plate number on the application? do i need to give the registration card or just have my plate numbers that I will attempt to get from my dealer as others have done?
    Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance for the help out there.

Received mine back with "other" instructions checked off to "return with registration card". Now that sucks because that means I have to wait till I get the actual plates and not just the number from the dealership.

03/26/06 Bought Prius
    03/27/06 Sent In Form
    04/12/06 Received Form Back w/ Instructions
    04/13/06 Planning to mail back in w/ License Plate Number only and cross fingers.

Stephen -

Well it seems that the DMV keeps changing the rules as they go along. If I were you I would try to get the plate number from your dealer and submit the application again. At this point you have nothing to loose. The DMV will either accept or reject you application but at least you are doing something other than waiting for the mailman! And according to the DMV you are in for along wait. I called the DMV helpline about 3 weeks ago and they told me that I would have to wait 6-8 weeks from the time of purchase to receive my plates. I then called my dealer, got my plate number and sent in my application. Two weeks later I got my stickers in the mail. I'm glad I didn't wait because I bought my hyrid on March 1st and still no plates.

Thanks Alan. I will do that and like everyone else, cross my fingers and hope for the best. How long did it take for you to get your stickers after your resubmitted with the plate numbers?

Sorry Alan, I just re-read your post and saw that it took two weeks.

3/18 sent in application without plate number.
    4/01 plate received.
    4/13 rejected by DMV. Asking for plate number.
    4/13 resubmitted application with plate number.

I agree with Alan D. I'm pretty certain now that there is no set rules in DMV and most staffs have no idea what so ever. I just called DMV yesterday (my 3rd call to the Special Process Unit) and they told me I need to wait 21 more days without giving any reason but today I received the rejected letter. DMV sucks.

Had to apply twice after getting 1st one rejected for no plates.Second time it only took 8 days and I received stickers April 4th # 55,700 give or take a few numbers. Good luck everyone about 60-90 days left.

What do you mean only 60-90 days left???

Update:
    Got my HCH 3/15 (MSRP-Autowest Honda in Fremont)
    Fastrack 3/16
    Sent in application 3/16.
    Got letter telling me to reapply when I get plates 4/3.
    Reapplied without license plate numbers on 4/9 (I figured car has to be in computer by now.)
    Check cashed 4/13. I still do not have plates.