+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

I am going MAD! Sent in my application and check 17 days ago...what was the average wait for ya'll?

I have not anticipated anything in the mail so much since I was 9 and mail-ordered a pistol-style BB gun!

James

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Paul,

Thanks. I think I get it! Incidently, you have great idea with this page....Thanks again..

My stickers took about 15 days to arrive, but I couldn't install them right away since there were no instructions on where to put them! It took me another 2 or 3 days to get the info from the Cal. DMV (via the CHP, since the DMV was unable to give me any answers directly!!!).

David and anybody else: Here's the DMV's instructions on applying the stickers:

http://www.paulburnett.com/sticker.pdf

(From my blog at http://www.hybridcars.com/blogs/hybr...t-the-stickers)

(To rotate the image: look in the upper right corner of your Adobe Acrobat browser screen and select the little arrow that will rotate it counterclockwise - or print it and rotate it 90 degrees.)

Thanks Paul for all of those great postings. I think I need to wait even longer: get the DMV registration card for my new Prius first before starting the sticker application process. Sigh ...

One more question: do you think the sticker would hurt the paint of the car? 'Cuz the instruction Paul posted to his blog says "don't remove ... otherwise will result in the damage of the sticker ...". How about damage of the car?

Meanwhile, magnet idea someone posted above is great!

Does anyone know if the stickers are tied to the person or the vehicle. I was about to sell my 2004 and get a new 2006, which should be available late in the year. I already have stickers and worried they will reach the 75k limit or suspend the program before I get my 2006. Does anyone have info on this?

With the time I've saved on my commute the last week I'm already addicted to the HOV lane and would rather drive my 2004 into the ground before giving up my HOV access for a new 2006.

My buddy at work has one of these cars.....I cracked up when he showed up at work with those goofy stickers on his car. I thought he'd hijacked a Tijuana taxi! Ever since then he's been 20 minutes late for work because he refuses to be seen in that car.

Sent off for the stickers as soon as dmv posted the form and received them in eight days. Couldn't wait to get out there and was actually disappointed the first day because traffic was light for a change coming home from LA on the 10. Anyone know how many of these stickers are gone? Thinking of trading my 2003 in for a 2006, but don't want to risk not having "the precious".

Tressy, according to yesterday's RoadShow column in the San Jose (CA) Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/1261017...):

THe DMV has received about 25,000 applications, and processed about 16,000. (The limit is 75,000.) Of the nearly 60,000 hybrids registered in California, not all meet requirements for carpool-lane stickers. And not all of the eligible hybrids are in areas where there are carpool lanes.

Just test the magnetic sheet idea on my Prius and get some dissapointed results. Neither the front or rear bumper is made out of iron or steel, therefore the magentic sheet won't work on them. Even the front hood is made out of non-iron metal. Only the side body is rion/steel.