+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

I agree with Tom ... I don't mind how the stickers look now that I've put them on my Prius and have been using them. When I first got them I kind of gagged, but they're not so ugly after all and I saved about 30 minutes (out of about 90) on my commute today!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I don't care how many stickers I have to put on my car to drive solo in the HOV lane . . . plus, as an added advantage, the sticker on the rear bumper covered up a boo boo I did

Anyone from the SF Bay Area got their stickers yet? I have never seen any Hybrid with carpool stickers driven on the hi ways of the area. So anyone know what the reasons are?

I live in SF Bay Area and I have just got my Prius last Wednesday. I think it will take me weeks to get the registration done. And only after getting the registration done I can apply for the stickers. I am worried about the 75,000 quota got filled up before I finish all of those applications.

I received my stickers in the mail last Friday and could not wait to try it out. My commute to work in Orange County, California is usually 50-60 minutes in the morning and sometimes a bit longer at night. I cruised on the carpool lane to work in less than 20 minutes this morning and about 18 minutes tonight. What a relief....I will never complain about the stickers.....My stress level has changed dramatically. Best decision I ever made was to buy the hybrid. I knew I would save on gas, but at the time I bought, I did not anticipate the extra benefit that would eventually be granted to us...

Francis, I got my stickers 18 days after I mailed in the DMV application and the FasTrak receipt. See my blog at http://www.hybridcars.com/blogs/hybrid-commuter for a picture and a desctiption of the process.

I hated the stickers when I saw them but after driving up the 605 freeway in record time the stickers look Great
    to me, getting a Toyota Prius is the best car I have
    ever owned . I Love my Prius!

I'm not in CA, but have a suggestion: How about applying the stickers to sheet magnets (like the ones for advertising your business on the door of the vehicle), and sticking them on. You could remove them when you get to your destination, and throw them in the glove box. Only drawback I can see is the theft potential (a little hard when you're doing 60 mph in the diamond lane).

Enjoy the reliable comute time in your SLEV! Here in Texas the DOT is not likely to entertain any such accommodation for hybrids or other low-emission vehicles, even though the state has Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, and El Paso regions in non-attainment for one or more pollutants. But perhaps we can collectively take that up with the folks runnning the EPA in Washington... ;->

Does anyone have information regarding the "FasTrack" transponders (for certain CA bridge tolls in the Bay area) having a green dot affixed that identifies HOV lane authorization? Does the use of the "green dot" preclude using the ugly yellow decals?

In the Bay Area you also need a special FasTrak transponder but everyone who is eligible for the HOV stickers still needs to apply them to their car.

For Al D: See my recent bolg reports on getting the FasTrak transponder: http://www.hybridcars.com/blogs/hybrid-commuter