+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA DMV Clean Air Stickers SUCK!

I got my stickers from the DMV and they are ugly and yellow!

What was shown that I would recieve on the DMV site was white. I expected it to look like what was shown on the application web page here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

What showed up in the mail is yellow. You have to put 4 of them on your car. One on each fender on the right side. One behind each rear wheel. The ones that go on the fender are about 2 inches by 3 inches. The ones that go behind the rear whiles are four inches high by about 6 inches long. THEY ARE SO UGLY!

I have a white honda civic hybrid that is kept very clean and now I have these taxi cab looking sticker that I have to put on if I want car pool access.

I want to punch whomever designed these decals and approved them in the face!

Don't get my wrong, I like the carpool access, but YELLOW? I feel really bad for anybody with a dark colored hybrid that has to put that yellow sticker on their car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a dark gray '05 HCH, and I don't mind the yellow sticker at all.

I understand the need to make these stand out to help the CHP when doing HOV lane enforcement.

I don't care what color they are, it's a very small price to pay to enjoy carpool lane priveleges, which was fantastic during my commute this morning.

Just another example of how they "offer" these great incentives, but make them so difficult to obtain that many people won't bother (and the system keeps collecting the revenues that these incentives would have cut).

Either the application process to get the approval/stickers is so convoluted and full of red-tape and ridiculous requirements that people give up, or if they do follow all the way through, they give you stickers like this to make you not want to use them.

I read that someone started a petition against these 4 stickers. Anyone have the link?

I had the same reaction when I first saw my stickers. Yikes! Huge and YELLOW.

Then I breezed home from work on Friday and into work this morning and the color or size of the stickers mattered less and less with each car I passed.

Best 8 bucks I ever spent

Where can I get information about the correct placement of CA Clean air Stickers

The stickers come with the following instructions:
    1) Place the LARGE stickers on the rear quarter panels, behind the wheel wells, with the State Seal in the up position;
    2) Place the SMALL stickers on the right side of each bumper (as you face it), with the State Seal in the up position.

How long did it take to get the stickers? i just purchased a 05 HCH and i dont have plates yet,the for has a spot for the plate number, can i apply without a plate number yet? Anyone try putting these on their windows instead, like the smaill sade window? i hate to put this sticker on a body panel. reason they didnt want them on the windows is cause they roll down, but the far back quarter glass doesnt.

Why in the world can you not put the stickers in the window of your vehicle!! Every other DMV decal can be put in the window. I just bought a Prius and it is wonderful, but why would I want to mess up my new paint with a sticker. I wouldn't put a bumper sticker on my car...so why should I have to put this sticker on my car? This is just another way for the California government to get more money. Just let the Hybrids use the car pool lane. We're doing our part for the environment!

WHY CANT THE STATE ISSUE A SPECIAL LICENCE PLATE INSTEAD OF THESE UGLY STICKERS?