+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

i test drove a 05 honda

i test drove a 05 honda hybrid today here in PA were the weather is cold and snow. it drove nicely and is a fully loaded car with nice added features and a lot of other good things that i'll now not focus on since i've read this blog. What i have noticed as far as noise goes is the slight pop or click when i excelerate that i almost missed until the sales person brought it to my attention. she explained that "hybrids basically cut off when you stop and when you excelarte the the battery (hybrid) starts the car up again" that this is the gas saving feature (smart car). that the subtle click/pop you hear from the car starting again. she also explained that this is a car made for city driving (start & stops) not for long commutes. i was wonder why the price was so cheap for an 05 $12K. i didn't buy it because i had an appt to look at another vehichle but i was definitely going back. hummm!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I to have a 2005 Honda

I to have a 2005 Honda Hybrid with the noise issue. The first time I took it in, the dealer said it was the speakers and replaced them. I haven't returned. Like other folks have noted, my vibration starts around 40 mph and will continue until 65 mph. It's worse in the hot months and you can tap the accelerator to get it to stop momentarily. It appears to be a vibration set up by harmonics in the drive train....meaning once the drive train vibration starts it tends to vibrate other components in the car. The interior noise in the car in much higher than it used to be. Maybe it is a noise cancellation issue. If anybody has a fix, please let me know.

Can you send me a copy of

Can you send me a copy of the bulletin. greg.paxton@aerojet.com

Hi Wow, I just love this

Hi
    Wow, I just love this kind of stuff. This is the first time, I, visited this website and really like this one. Please keep updating me one this.
    CSK
    Homes For Sale

I have read all previous

I have read all previous posts, I'm not buying Honda Accord, but still wish to buy a Hybrid, as sharp saying?

I have read all previous

I have read all previous posts, I'm not buying Honda Accord, but still wish to buy a Hybrid, as sharp saying?

I have read all previous

Hi, We are a group of

Hi,
    We are a group of students from Imperial College in London and as part of our MSc in Environmental Technology, we are studying the comparative influence of several groups of parameters on car-buyers' behaviour. We would be very pleased to collect answers from car owners and especially hybrid cars owners in order to draw relevant conclusions from our statistical analysis.
    By filling in this survey, you will enable us to collect valuable data for our research. Of course all these data will remain strictly confidential and anonymous, and will not be diffused to anyone outside the academic staff at Imperial College.
    here is the link to our questionnaire, it should not take you more than 4-5 minutes to fill it in:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...YBq85DYA_3d_3d
    Thank you very much for your time.

Try getting a 2010 Ford

Try getting a 2010 Ford Fusion Hyrbid... They were rated the best hybrid car by USA Today a few weeks ago. They said that you can't tell at all when it shifts from gas to electric and its supposed to get way better gas mileage than the Accord did too. Thats what I'm doing!!! And I went into a dealership and they said that if I go ahead and order one before March is over then I qualify for the full federal tax credit too! (It's getting cut in half next month). Very Excited!!!

Mine makes this noise at

Mine makes this noise at 1600 RPM only--I would appreciate hearing your experience.