+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

My 2005 hybrid accord is

My 2005 hybrid accord is driving the wife and I crazy. The local dealer says they can't replicate the problem. They must be deaf as the drone seems to be getting worse. I was wondering if you still have the service bulletin and if so, could you e-mail me a copy so I can show these knuckleheads? Thanks in advance, -Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

pin point right. took my

pin point right. took my vehicle to my local dealership and it did turn out to be the problem. (noise cancellation unit) needed replacement.. Since then my car is running smooth with no humming or vibrating sounds at all.. excellent post. thanks.

pin point right. took my

pin point right. took my vehicle to my local dealership and it did turn out to be the problem. (noise cancellation unit) needed replacement.. Since then my car is running smooth with no humming or vibrating sounds at all.. excellent post. thanks.

Regarding drone noise in

Regarding drone noise in hybrids. When the engine switches to 3 cyls. The exhaust becomes detuned, the Automatic Noise Control is to noise blank that noise through the front door speakers. The computer has a tentency to turn the ANC off and you hear the rumble. This can be checked and turned back on.
    1. Acoords with Nav. Systems. Turn the ignition switch to ON or ACC
    2. Turn the radio off by pushing left VOL/PWR knob.
    3. While holding down the upper half of both the CH/DISK and SEEK/SKIP buttons simultaneously, now press VOL/Pwr radio knob. This will place the unit into DIAG diagnostic mode. DIAG will appear in the message window.
    4. Now while the engine is stopped and in the DIAG mode, turn the ANC ON and OFF a couple times by pressing the SCAN button. In the ON position a low 50 cycle hum should be audible. While this low hum can be heard, start your engine the hum sound should go away. If it does not there is a possibility the ANC is defective. If it does the ANC was probably just turned off. Now drive your car and enjoy the quiet, It's wonderful.

Thanks Dick2005 for your

Thanks Dick2005 for your post. I dont have a NAV system in my car but gave it a try anyhow. All it did was turn the screen off. Not a bad trick regardless. Many nights I have been driving and wished I could black out the radio screen. Now I can.

The Service Bullitin is valid for the USA only. Honda Canada does not recognize that there is an issue. (insert choice words here).

If you do cough up the $500+ for a replacement ANC unit be sure to view Pauls video. He did a great job at explaining how to do it in your driveway. His link is posted somewhere above.

I guess nobody else is having the knocking at 1500RPM's when the ECO is activated (in the blue zone)? If you do (or did) let me know if you are able to fix it. My mechanic is still stumped.

Please send me the bulletin

Please send me the bulletin if you have it. I have noise as well.
    Thanks

I have a 2005 Honda Accord

I have a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid and I have experienced the humming noise for years and when it starts I give the gas pedal a quick tap to increase the RPMs and that usually turns it off, at least for ten seconds or so. I appreciate seeing the instructions about turning the noise cancellation on; I'll try that. I also have been getting a squeeling sound during the summer when it gets hot and it usually happens when I'm turning the steering wheel, although it didn't happen this summer. Several years back I took it into the dealer about these problems and they told me they could not duplicate the humming or the squeeling and that Honda had not issued anything about such problems even though I saw other Accord Hybrid owners complaining about it on the internet. I think Honda just wants to sweep the problem under the rug rather than fix it.

Recently my Accord Hybrid began running very sluggish, like it's got half the power. The engine light blinks when this is happening. I took it into an independent repair shop and the mechanic drives an Acura so he's very familiar with Honda. He did a computer diagnostic and said my car was firing on three of the six cylinders and its ignition coil and/or spark plug related. This will cost between $300 - $600 to repair. He said ignition coils going bad on a Honda is very rare. Just my luck.

I have a 2005 Honda Accord

I have a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid that I purchased from a private party 2 years ago. The car ran fine the first year then the check engine light, IMA light, and one other light keep coming on. I have taken it in for diagnoses at our Honda Dealer only to be told there is nothing wrong with the car and they reset the lights.

The lights came on again so my husband and I decided to trade it in on another car. We went to the Non-Honda dealer in town and they wont even take the car as a trade in. So we went to the Honda Dealer and it is undergoing complete scruitiny and they are talking about not taking the car or only giving us 2K trade in value on a 14K car!!!!

I am so frusterated since they are the boneheads telling me there is nothing wrong with the car, yet they wont take it??? I am not sure what else I can do to get out from under this car with out totally losing the money invested into it.

I have accord05, hybrid

I have accord05, hybrid since two years with no major problems, nowadays I started hearing some noise when I switch the ignition on the morning the noise is clearly heard if the weather is colder, however this noise completely disappear whenever I start the ignition on the car on the daytime where the engine is relatively warm. the last maintenance I made before two months I replaced the engine oil, and the technician load my car with 5Litter oil instead of 4.3 Litter which is the standard volume recommended by HONDA, I donít know if this affect on the engine or not.

Your kind assistance is highly appreciated

B R
    Ibrahim

I have a 2006 Honda accord

I have a 2006 Honda accord Hybrid fully loaded w/ GPS 138,000 KM no problem just regular maintenance. Easy on gas too.