+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

I have honda accord 2005 and

I have honda accord 2005 and brought it in 2006 and when i let go of the sterring wheel the car always drift to left or right but i never had problems with my other vechicels i had in the pass doing this,. i am sure people for what ever reason may let go the stirring wheel of a monent and it doesnt drirt. anyone have this iissue. no wheeel alignment is need and the tire are find. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

It's lonely being the owner

It's lonely being the owner of the Accord Hybrid. Anyway, problem was solved when I had the car towed back to the dealer and THEY couldn't start it, so they actually went to work and found the connection from the battery to the starter was loose in some way. I'm doubtfult, but I haven't had any problems since - but then it hasn't been below 10 fahrenheit since either.

I bought a 2005 Accord

I bought a 2005 Accord Hybrid last year and have had the droning noise that many have commented on. The problem seems to be getting worse, maybe because of the hot weather as others have noticed? I took the car to the dealer today and told them about the TSB. They just called to say that is not the problem, but it is a problem with the tires. I don't think so - it happens at around 2000 RPM, when the battery is charging and when the ECO light turns on, and I can sometimes but not always get it to step temporarily by taking my foot off the accelerator. I'm taking it for a test drive with the mechanic tomorrow morning. How do I convince him it is not the tires?

I bought a 2005 accord

I bought a 2005 accord hybrid in may of 2005. About a year ago, or maybe a little longer, I started to notice the rumbling noise. I thought it was the tires I had put on it 2 years ago, as they weren't the same as the original michellins. The noise is very annoying and my family complained so much (i was starting to get used to it) I did research on it and found references to TSB 06-005 which described the problem exactly. I just took the car to the dealer and they quoted $476.34 for parts and labor for the kit. I asked about hondas goodwill program, but was told that since my car is so far out of warranty its unlikely they will help with the cost.
    Anyone else have any experiences with this issue when their car was out of warranty (mine is 5+ years old, nearly 50k miles)

I Also had this rumbling

I Also had this rumbling sound in my 2005 Honda Hybrid. I changed out my weak 5 year old battery and this issue and a few others went away. The battery powers a lot of electronics in this car; but is not used to normally start the car; that is the job of the high voltage batter. When the battery gets old and week, it can go unnoticed because the large high voltage battery will crank the motor. The only way to know that the battery is week is to have it tested at an auto store.

A car battery is typically designed to last 3 years, if yours is 5 years old change it out and put your car's electronics back into operation.

my 2005 accord hybrid makes

my 2005 accord hybrid makes the same exact droning noise usually only in warmer weather...car has 98k miles on it im thinking the dealer won't help me...i wish there was a do it yourself on fixing this ANC...also over the winter my IMA light came on and i brought it to my buddy who owns a mechanic shop and he hooked it up the computer and it said that the temperature outside was around 90 degrees when it happened, and that i had negative air flow (apparently when the light comes on the car's system takes a snapshot of the current conditions)...funny thing is though is that it would be impossible for it to be 90 degrees outside because i live in ny and it isnt 90 degrees in february which is when the light came on...wondering if i have bigger problems...any advice???

I had the same exact problem

I had the same exact problem and I guarantee you the noise will come back during warm weather. The problem is that it's a faulty Active Noise Canceling unit located behind the radio/Nav system (if you have one). The part is - 06390-SRD-307 Speaker Kit. It comes with the ANC unit and the speakers. If your car is still under warranty, have Honda do it. It should be covered. My car had 60k on it so I was out of warranty and Honda wanted to charge me over $700 so I did it myself and believe me I'm not that handy so it wasn't really easy but I was able to do it. I bought it at www.majestichonda.com for $262.00 and I bought a Service Manual for my year, make and model on ebay for $25.00 and it basically instructed me to remove most of the center console to be able to slide out the Radio/Nav display. The ANC unit is mounted to the back of that NAV (HVAC) section. I made a 3 part video that I posted on Youtube so that you could see the exact procedure.
    Here is the link to part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6IKK-C1-QQ

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ouA_fcIRY&NR=1

Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZHM2...eature=related

Hope this helps.
    Paul

I had the same exact problem

I had the same exact problem and I guarantee you the noise will come back during warm weather. The problem is that it's a faulty Active Noise Canceling unit located behind the radio/Nav system (if you have one). The part is - 06390-SRD-307 Speaker Kit. It comes with the ANC unit and the speakers. If your car is still under warranty, have Honda do it. It should be covered. My car had 60k on it so I was out of warranty and Honda wanted to charge me over $700 so I did it myself and believe me I'm not that handy so it wasn't really easy but I was able to do it. I bought it at www.majestichonda.com for $262.00 and I bought a Service Manual for my year, make and model on ebay for $25.00 and it basically instructed me to remove most of the center console to be able to slide out the Radio/Nav display. The ANC unit is mounted to the back of that NAV (HVAC) section. I made a 3 part video that I posted on Youtube so that you could see the exact procedure.
    Here is the link to part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6IKK-C1-QQ

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ouA_fcIRY&NR=1

Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZHM2...eature=related

Hope this helps.
    Paul

107,000 km, 95% highway

107,000 km, 95% highway driving. Engine light came on for 3 days, then out. Took it in for oil change, and asked for a report. Catalytic convertor needs replacing plus the two sensors, one in front, and one behind, plus a control module. The convertor is under warranty still.Total price around $2,600. It is 2006 hybrid Accord. Any suggestions. Thanks

I have an 06 HAH, had the

I have an 06 HAH, had the check engine light issue along with random misfire codes. Two bottles of lucas fuel injection cleaner fixed it, its been good for 10,000 miles now.