+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Has any one come up with a fix for this problem. I have the same problem and 2 dealers have no idea what it could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Any fix for this problem yet? I have it Too!

Pop Goes the Honda Accord Hybrid

I too have this problem with the popping noise, its either from the engine, transmission, and sometimes its sounds as if it originating on one side of the engine or the other. I too get the run around from the dealer. They say they cant reproduce it when test driving while having the car serviced ... However in their defense it can be elusive, I took a mechanic out on a ride along and I couldn't repro it. One thing I have noticed its easier to repro after you have been over 45 mph, do a California stop (don't fully stop at stop sign) then give it some steady gas - and Pop! I have had this noted on every service that something is not right and the pop noise is also in conjunction with a performance slip in acceleration, anyone else notice that? It started around 16,000 miles and Im at 33,000 now. . . really close to warranty end gulp! Honda service advisor's have said that since I complained about this so often that even if the car is out of warranty they will fix the transmission if that is the case, but how do we know its transmission, could be whatever mechanism is involved with the cylinder transfer mode from full power, "all 6 cylinders", to the "three" when running optimally. (Green Bar illuminated) Its sad that since the car is not being manufactured anymore I fell they aren't really worried about us. My gear performance is also now not shifting smoothly anymore, it jumps from 3rd to 5th gears and feels like it's down shifting a little too soon when coasting to a stop light. I have also wondered if the pop is electrical??? since i have heard it come from left and right from the engine area, what if its an arc in the Hybrid system. WHO knows??? Obviously we don't ,and neither does Honda.!.
    -Peace

Mine was Built 04/2007 it has 200 miles and NO problem at all

Mine was Built 04/2007 it has 200 miles and NO problem at all.

When I should expect to start hearing the first symptoms?, or it could be that mine does not has the problem?, thanks

I bought an Hybrid Accord

I bought an Hybrid Accord car at a <a ref="http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=honda&near=Portland,+OR&fb=1&view=text&cd=36&h l=en&attrid=&latlng=45645510,-122597755,10970719313843476196&ei=wKCsR8OrN5TCjgHc w-muCg#">Honda Portland</a> store and have had no issues with it thus far. I think I may be lucky but I've already been driving it for some time.

However, I don't like the idea of having the car depreciate in value so quickly, especially being a honda!!!!!! I really want to see where they got those numbers from.

contact your dealer and talk

contact your dealer and talk to him about the problem, it's part of his job to help you..

I just bought a Used 05

I just bought a Used 05 Honda Accord and am hearing this vibrating/humming noise. Do you still have the email-as it is very annoying.

I would appreciate it.

Ok Here is something weird!

Ok Here is something weird! I have a 2007 Accord EX-L with the 4cyl and 5 speed. My car makes a muffled popping/backfire type sound that can be heard and felt. It seems to come from under the front passengers feet. Honda can reproduce the problem but has no clue what is wrong. I'm wondering if this is not a hybrid issue but a Accord issue. Any thoughts.

Does anyone know how much a

Does anyone know how much a dealer charged to replace the ANC (ballpark figure)? My 2005 Accord Hybrid has the vibration symptoms exactly as desribed in the posts here. The dealer won't give me an estimate until I bring in the car, which is not on warranty. I just want an idea of how much it will cost me to get it fixed. I think Honda should have a recall on their faulty ANC units, though!

Can you please send me that

Can you please send me that service bulletin? I am having the same problems with the vibration. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. Mattannen@gmail.com