+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Honda Accord Hybrid Engine Problems

In respons to Mic - it might be the fact that we spent a lot of money on a car only to have engine lights, towing, vibration noises, etc. drown out the beauty of a hybrid. On edmunds I found a site that lists the problem with the droning and there is a fix that supposedly is out there. However, when I brought all the documentation in to the dealer, they could only "put it on the service managers desk and he'll call". Like when? Today? Tomorrow? I got more frustrated and decided NOT to take it out on the woman with the feeble reply. I can't decide if I'm more frustrated with a car that is beautiful outside but definitely needs work inside, the dealership who's jacking me around knowing they'll have to fix it but not wanting to put out the $$ yet or Honda....

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2005 Accord Hybrid that just came out of the shop. The check engine light and oil light illuminated and the car shook at the front end when making a sharp or U-turn (this happened three times in a 24-hour period... the temp fix was to turn the engine off, restart, and the car would operate normally). It was a faulty oil pressure sensor (regulator?). The dealer replaced it under warranty, but had the nerve to suggest that I take it home and drive it for 4 days until the part shipped! Of course, i refused and got a rental vehicle instead. Good luck to all with problems. I haven't noticed the noise cancellation problem, but I do hear an occassional rythmic tone from beneath the hood that is only audible when outside of the vehicle.

After a year of problems with my accord hybrid (engine problems and vibration noise when traveling 45-55 mph) I opted to trade the car in. I believe in the hybrid technology, but I had to cut my losses and get rid of the car. It was in the shop 4 times in less than a year and left me standed twice. I live in an area with limited public transprotation and I needed a reliable vehicle. My neighbor has the same car and has no problems with it. I hope to try a hybid vehicle again in a few years.

I have a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid. I upgraded from the Honda Civic Hybrid, which I loved. The Accord is comfortable and handles well, but I've had the problem with the vibration roaring noise as well. I've had no other problems with the car. The dealership told me the noise is normal, but still did several software upgrades and replaced a sensor in the IMA. I don't hear the noise much anymore, but I don't know if that's because it's cooling down now (autumn) or that the problem has been fixed.
    I still plan to call the dealership about the part listed to see if they replaced it.

We just bought a new Honda Accord Hybrid 2006, we are not getting the vibration/droning noise but we are getting a terrible popping, almost like a backfire when we accelerate the car after we have stopped at a light or turned the corner. The dealership tells us this is normal. It is so annoying, the car has been in the shop more than we have been able to drive it. Has anyone had this problem?

I purchased my Accord Hybrid 2006 in Ferbruary. I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned. Tell your dealer the popping noise is not normal.

Accord "backfire" popping noise

My wife's 2006 Honda Accord is making the same popping noise as one accelerates from a stop or into a turn. She loves the car, but that noise is very disturbing. We took it to the shop/dealer on 3/20, they duplicated the problem, but have no clue what is causing it. They said they needed to get another Accord Hybrid in to compare ours with it to see if they can diagnose the problem. Their lame excuse is that it possibly could be the characteristic of an Accord hybrid - if that's the case, we will be unloading it, and maybe not for another Honda! We also found out that the black book price on this car depreciated it 30% in just one year - buyer beware!

replacing the ANC unit fixed all the vibration\humming problems.
    Thank you to whoever posted that.
    The dealership had no idea, but I told them to look up the service buleting as you pointed.

Manuel

HAH pop / clunk

My 2006 HAH has similar symptoms. During light acceleration at approximately 20mph and 1800rpm, there is a pop / clunk that occurs. It may be also correlated to the IMA assist momentarily kicking in or out. Sadly, the noise is difficult to reproduce consistently, so I've not taken it into the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohleece View Post
    My wife's 2006 Honda Accord is making the same popping noise as one accelerates from a stop or into a turn. She loves the car, but that noise is very disturbing. We took it to the shop/dealer on 3/20, they duplicated the problem, but have no clue what is causing it. They said they needed to get another Accord Hybrid in to compare ours with it to see if they can diagnose the problem. Their lame excuse is that it possibly could be the characteristic of an Accord hybrid - if that's the case, we will be unloading it, and maybe not for another Honda! We also found out that the black book price on this car depreciated it 30% in just one year - buyer beware!

Other Honda Accord Hybrids having pop / clunk / backfire noise

For those having this pop / clunk / backfire noise, here's another forum documenting the issues:

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...95/index5.html