+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Honda Accord Hybrid Engine Problems

Is anyone having repeat problems with their engine light coming on and the engine running rough? I purchased and Accord Hybid in April and my car has already been flat bedded back to the dealership twice. I start it up only to have the engine light and battery light come on and the engine sound as if it is not running on all cylinders. The first time I was told it was a sensor and I'm still waiting for and answer after two days of being without my car. I am very diappointed in the cars reliability. Please let me know if anyone else is having a similar problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

After 5 days and several phone calls I finely have a response from my local dealership. They had been waiting to hear from the Honda engineers and while they still are not sure what is wrong with my car they are going to replace the computer that interfaces with the electrical components of the car. The dealership believes that I will have my car back some time late Monday. This is the second time I have been without my car for over a week. I will not be recommending this car to anyone. Although I believe in the technology I don't believe that the local dealership knows enough about these vehicles.

For those of you who are contemplating buying Honda Hybrids.... here's my story. I leased a 2005 model Accord hybrid, and have been having problems ever since. The first months were fine, and then the humming noise started, as the weather got warmer. The dealership has no clue, and even after duplicating the annoying drone, they have the nerve to tell me thast it is normal. I wonder whether the Honda Engineers designed this piece of trash to be a torture chamber, as that is just what it is. I have read some forums since, and there are temp fixes, but Honda has still not come out with a bulletin or a recall. My first experience with Honda obviously sucks. Stay the hell away from Honda hybrids

I'm think I'm having the same problem as Daya with my 2005 hybrid Accord. Tune your stero to a quiet spot and turn the bass up as loud as it can go and it will sound just like the engine of my hybrid Accord. It's impossible to drive for long with that vibrating engine noise, it's that bad. The dealer is just playing games at this point. I took one of the techs for a drive and we both heard the sound clearly. He couldn't pinpoint what it was and said he'd never heard anything like it. Now, he says he can't reproduce the sound. I can't understand why that matters, as he couldn't figure it out by the sound the the first time. I just want it fixed. If anyone has any ideas, please post.

I have the same problem. I also have recieved a service Bulletin from the Honda Dealer on this. I will send anyone a copy if they email me. Its not a safety issue but a Noise Cacelation issue.

I have had the same problem with the noise. It's so bad my son hates riding in the car - it bothers his ears with the vibration. If you hit the gas pedal, it tends to stop but it can be constant. My Honda dealership said the engineers are "working on it" and that I'm not the only one but from a consumer who doesn't buy new cars every three years (last purchase 1997), I'd like to dump this car - loss or not.

My 05 has a rough idle and the engine light sometimes flashes at full throttle. The repair shop is a second home to it.

I've filed an official complaint with American Honda so they can track problems with my car. The next step might be to lemon law it. I can't be bringing the car in every month and I sure can sell it with the engine malfunctioning.

I'm sorry but you have realize that with thousands
    of Honda Hybrids being sold every month that there
    has to be some that have parts that are faulty.
    I had an idea for hybrid buses 26 yrs ago and a
    few yrs. ago spoke over nationwide radio on the
    environmental benefits of having all hybrid vehicles.
    I drove the very first Honda SU2000 that came into
    the country in May 1999 while the other 5 that were
    made stayed in Japan waiting for the test results.
    I bought one of the original Honda Accord Hybrids
    made last year in March. It was quite incredible.
    Completely quiet and faster than anything imaginable. The take off isn't all that impressive about like a RX-8 or Porsche 924 But the top speed
    and fuel economy blow away any high preformance car made. I suspect the dealers in the U.S. need to have some of the Japanese designers come here to
    consult these questions. I think the fuel module can cause significant problems with running if its going faulty and the synergy system may not be grounded properly causing the noise. Good luck, If your car isn't flawless you need to take it back, I spent 40K on mine (36.8 + 3K on getting the 1st one which I suppose they meticulously tested)The GPS works better than any other one I've used.

"But the top speed and fuel economy blow away any high preformance car made"
    Dude, you seriously need a Tesla (www.teslamotors.com). 0-60mph in ~4sec AND over 100 (effective well-to-wheels) mpg.

It's not an engine problem, it's due to a faulty ANC (active noise cancellation) unit. Tell your dealership to look up S/B 06-005.