+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Actual Mileage for Highlander Hybrid

Notice that there is a topic for the Ford Escape Actual Mileage and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their real world data on the Toyota Highlander?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Gas Mileage.. ( CDN numbers ).

My latest numbers are:

8.58 l / 100 km

or

32.94 Imperial gallons per gallon

28.2 mpg ave. Too early to tell. The altimate test comes next week when we take it on vacation from vegas to minnesota via canyonland national park...joe

I'm only getting 26 MPG. But I have a teenage son who occasionally gets to drive it. All in all I'm a little disappointed with the mileage, but impressed with the vehicle in general.

I have also been getting only about 26 after about 1000 miles. I live in northern NJ, so I think that the excessive heat plus the hilly terrain contribute to my MPG.

Had HH for four weeks now. Forget about what you get on the first tank of gas, means nothing. Second tank of gas, I'm getting around 9L per 100km, give or take .5, in mixed city/highway driving, with the AC sometimes on. (26.something mpg.) Basically what I expected. I'm using 87 octane, cause that's what the owner's manual (not the dealer) says.

That's according to the computer. Some people are complaining about discrepancies between their calculations based on what they actually put in at the pump and what the computer says. I assume it's because gas you buy is volume adjusted for temperature, so buying a "litre" of gas does not mean you are actually buying a litre of gas.

I'm finding it pretty much impossible in city traffic to get it going from a stop without the gas engine kicking in. Instead, I've settled on getting it up to speed asap, then easing off the gas to let it run electric. Other experiences or thoughts?

Joe,

Does you HH have average gas consumption or you bassing this on the current consumption..

The computer shows average and current, but the current consumption is for the last 2 seconds, which is a bit useless, since that ranges from 40L/100km to 0, depending on what you're doing with the pedal. So I've been looking at the average consumption, which I reset every time I fill up. This took me a bit of hunting to figure out how to do -- using the display panel above the radio, you get it to display the average consumption, then press and hold the "info" button until it resets to 0.

Incidentally, if you don't reset the average, you can get pretty misleading information, since my HH got 13.5L/100KM on the first 100KM -- I think they were idling it at the dealer -- which skewed the average way up.

In terms of real-world mileage, I see there hasn't been a new posting in a couple of weeks. Anyone who has had a HH for several weeks or more care to share some mpg observations?
    Thanks.

I've had mine since early june. It's the 4x4 limited version, and the mileage seemed to get better after the "break in" period...either that my driving skills improved. I get 29mpg to and from work, driving 50-60mph. The best I've encountered over a is 33 mph driving on backroads for about 30 miles with low rolling hills and occasional stops. The worst I've had is when speeding along at 75-85 mph, where it drops down to 22-24 mpg.