+ Reply to Thread

XM radio for Civic Hybrid?

Was anyone able to get the dealer to install an integrated AM/FM/XM radio when they bought their car? I am interested in buying a Civic Hybrid and was told that they couldn't replace the standard radio (without XM) and if I took it elsewhere (e.g., Best Buy) and had it replaced, that would invalidate the warranty. I liked the car, but need XM. I don't want one of those external XM receivers that tune through the FM, but want the radio replaced with an XM ready one. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

If you can get a factory radio with an AUX in jack (or just use a cassette adapter), get the MyFi portable...maybe not as clean as a factory install, but it has SO many more features for practically the same cost.

I have a myfi in my Escape Hybrid and it is great. Got it at best buy and they installed the antenna (about $75). does not touch the factory system at all. it works great. it sends the signal to radio via an fm frequency.

I can't believe that Honda doesn't offer XM for the Civic! I'm with you, I would certainly consider the Civic Hybrid for my next car (with the price of gas going out of sight it may be soon) but I don't think that will happen given the limited options from Honda. Some of us just need our music! I guess they want you to buy their more expensive models since the Accord Hybrid does have XM! In case you don't know, I've looked around and found out that the Prius DOES have XM as a built-in option!