+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Towing capacity

I wonder if Toyota has fixed

I wonder if Toyota has fixed this problem with new models. I just got the new Prius to replace our family car and it has power mode and eco mode so you can select all gas motor (power mode) if you need some balls. I wonder if the new hybrid SUV's have this feature for when you want to tow??? Anyone know about this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I bought a 19 feet boat, now

I bought a 19 feet boat, now I need to buy SUV to toe it, I am buying a used old SUV, Can anybody tell me which brand I should look for in terms of towing capacity and durability? The SUV has also to be good on sand!

Thank you all

Try a 1997 Ford Explorer XLT

Try a 1997 Ford Explorer XLT with AWD and the 5.0L V8. Gets about 14 mpg (when not towing), but it can tow a 19' bayliner over the Cascades in Washington State just fine. Try to find one with < 150K miles on it.

Like family fun 2 I also

Like family fun 2 I also carry a lot of firewood due to the firewood rack business I own. I'm just very nervous that a hybrid won't be up to the task, but I think that's just my own lack of knowledge on the subject. It looks like there's a thriving community here, so I'm going to see what I can learn. Thanks!

Tow my 18ft sailboat with my

Tow my 18ft sailboat with my '08 Toy Rav4 269hp V-6. About 18mpg towing hwy, 26 not towing and can still accelerate uphill no problem. Love it!

How much does the sailboat

How much does the sailboat weigh?

I have a Toyota highlander

I have a Toyota highlander 2009, I have a 2007 Smokercraft, 16 footer that I tow with absolutely no problem. I have towed it up to Grayling, on sandy roads, gravel roads, highway sppeds, etc. It i rated to tow up to 3500 pounds, my Smokercraft weighed in at about 2500 lbs with trailer and a 50 hp Yamaha. So, I do believe, your problem was uniquie.

Does anyone know about the

Does anyone know about the new 2012 Ford Escape hybrid? Towing capacity? MPG? Any sites that you know that are tracking this? Thanks!

I have the 2011 and unless

I have the 2011 and unless they make some major changes its only rated for 1000 lbs.

I am about to buy a 2009

I am about to buy a 2009 Toyota highlander hybrid. I am going to need to tow my pop-up with it and after reading your blog am worried. What year was the highlander hybrid that you had so much trouble with.