+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Towing capacity

The premise of Hybrids..=.. Good/Great MPG...Not towing.
    If your looking for both from one vehicle, your going to be very disappointed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Any more info on this topic?

Any more info on this topic? I am considering this car as a tow vehicle for my 20' boat.

I'm looking for a hybrid SUV

I'm looking for a hybrid SUV to tow my boat too, 5000lbs. I'm underwhelmed about the hybrids, I thought by now we'd see one with some muscle, but its still only for the MPG crowd. Familyfun2 has had the unsatisfied experience I expect we'd see if we towed a boat. Good luck with your search!

Chey now makes a Tahoe

Chey now makes a Tahoe Hybrid. It doesn't get the mileage of the Highlander, but it does a lot better than the standard Tahoe. I'm not sure how it tows.
    That being said, It may not be practical to tow a boat and try to get good mileage. My advice is get a small cheap car you can use to it's capacity. You will get better mileage than any suv hybrid and keep the miles of your hauler.

yeah i heard about that

yeah i heard about that chevy tahoe hybrid car thing and i am looking forward to it. they say it is a lot different from camry or altima,..i dont know ill check that out.

I'm also looking for a suv

I'm also looking for a suv with towing capacity to pull our 18ft boat with good gas mileage. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Thanks.

The towing capacity for the

The towing capacity for the future generation of hybrid cars must be large to avoid any such problems in the future regarding towing.

I can't comment for

I can't comment for everyone, but for me, I tow a boat very infrequently so I'm looking for hybrid SUV that gets good mileage most of the time and I'm willing to accept that when I tow the boat the mileage will go down.

I think everyone understands that you don't get good mileage when you tow - but some of us want a hybrid SUV that gets good mileage most of the time but can also tow a 5000 lb boat from time to time.

I tow my 15' sailboat (~1000

I tow my 15' sailboat (~1000 lbs) with a Mini Cooper! Not very far, usually just from the dry slip to the water but it does ok - Id love to get an electric or hybrid but I too am worried they wont tow at all.

I ddon't care about good

I ddon't care about good mileage when I tow. I am not towing all the time. I just want to know if they WILL tow! In ice, snow and gravel.
    Doesn't sound like I would be satisfied at all