+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Towing capacity

Towing capacity

Does anyone know why these models are incapable of towing a decent amount?
    what good is a tow rating of 3,500 lbs when any decent boat is more than 5,000 lbs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Towing capacity

people don't just tow power boats. utility trailers, cargo racks, etc. i had a 18 foot sail boat for years with an old 1979 economy car that towed very well. the boat was some 1000 pounds.

see ya

Towing capacity

It would seem like the towing capacity should be as high for the Toyota Highlander Hybrid as for the normal Highlander, perhaps even higher. After all, the electric motor adds considerable torque when accelerating, right? That's a major component of towing performance.

Towing capacity

It woud appear that the hybrid insight would have some information reguarding its towing capacity. if there is any at all? Lets fACE IT EVEN A 50CC SCOOTER CAN TOW!! something? Kirk

Towing capacity

Does anyone know how much the Toyota Highlander Hybrid V8 4WD-i can tow? Thanx

Towing capacity

Can a mobility scooter be mounted on rear of ford hybrid escape

Towing capacity

certainly! into a tow hitch receiver.

see ya

Towing capacity

Damn Highlander Hybrids- good for nothing they are...

Towing capacity

Ya, a mobility thing-a-ma-bob can be attached to a Ford Escape or Escape Hybrid, but you'll need the "tools", if you GMD

stuck again

I have a Toyota highlander hybrid when I take off on a hill with a trailer attached, even with less than 2500 lbs. On gravel or snow or ice
    UV shuts down and will not move. The engine will not rev or spin the tires. It just sits there until the trailer is disconnected. One time I was pulling a trailer and hit an icy section on the road. The car lost all power and coasted to a stop. There was nothing I could do. My 2nd car drove right up. I had to disconnect the trailer and drive the car up the road and have the trailer towed. Another time I have a small 5x8 utility trailer of 1000 lb max capacity with 12 tires. I loaded it with 1000 lbs of firewood. It was on a packed gravel hill. The SUV would move about 1 foot and loose power. I had to go get my gutless 96 Ford Ranger 4 cyl 2wd to pull it up the hill. Now they seem to take the position that the hybrids are designed to shut down. I purchased this hybrid because it had a towing capacity of 3500 lbs and had a third row seat. It is my concern that this problem represents a safety concern. I know most people are not aware of this problem. The dealer told me they are aware the problem exists I do love the power and comfort of the SUV, but be warned if you stop on a hill on wet pavement. The above is my personal opinion and experience.