+ Reply to Thread

Oil Change for Hybrids

At the dealership which I purchase my HCH, also does service. The charge for oil change is $20 higher for hybrids. I asked the reason and they responsed saying there more labor involved in removing a shield and they use higher quality of oil. Is this normal or is dealership just trying to make an extra $.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Oil Change for Hybrids

There is extra labor involved in removing the under-engine panel, and the 0-W30 oil does cost a bit more.

Oil Change for Hybrids

We get '05 Prius' oil changed at Miller Toyota in Manassas, Virginia, for about $9.00.

Oil Change for Hybrids

My Honda Civic Hybrid requires 0W-20 oil. Due to its low demand (there are more gas-guzzling SUV's to use oil usually in the 30 range), there is less of it-and a higher price.

Oil Change for Hybrids

I used to buy Mobil 1 0/20w at Wally World but they quit carrying it. The dealer had no problem using my oil for an oil change. I also bought Honda filters at the parts dept 'cause they were "buy 3 get 1 free". Now I just let the dealer use their prefered oil (Havoline).

Oil Change for Hybrids

I use 5W-20 oil in my Civic Hybrid. According to the owners manual it is an exceptable subsitute and it is available most places that sell motor oil.