+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Any news on Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid?

Toyota Lovers
    I have bought a Lexus 400h, which of course, is made by toyota and I am very pleased with the vehicle. SUV is not as big as Toyota Highlander but It has all the luxury package and accessories come standard such as Bluetooth connectivity and GPS navigation system, It works great!!!
    I would like toyota to come out with RAV4 hybrid in more affordable price therefore so I could change my our second car, VW Golf, to another hybrid it would be perfect. So if oyu willing to have an SUV and pay a little extra for it, Lexus RX400h is highly recommended.

Sky, Virginia Beach-VA

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Kim,
    I`m sorry but FEH doe snot do it for me either..it looks like a cheap SUV, and design is not attractive, not to mention that Ford had made its reputation as american car, not so great.Sorry , the car itself still needs a lot of imporvement.

Sky.

sky,
    If you think the Ford Escape is unattractive, then maybe you're one of those who find the Prius or the Yaris to be a visual pleasure, in which case I would say proves the old saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. At least you can sit at an intersection in a FEH and not be stared at, but apparently that's not what everybody wants.

Holy $*%^##*$ ... Add me to the long long list of those who want a RAV4 Hybrid. If they do come out with one, there will be a long wait.

Bruce

With Ford on the verge of total collapse, I would never buy a Ford product (look at the resale value). If either Toyota or Honda makes it to market with a small hybrid SUV, I will be there. I currently own a 2000 Honda CRV and I am offered twice its market value at least twice a month, especially when they hear my MPG (currently averaging 55 City/75 Highway). It's been in 3 major accidents by the largest SUVs and took the impacts extraordinarily well. Plus, I regularly haul large items in the spacious back. For my next vehicle, I live in a cold climate, so diesel is out. Plug In hybrids are as bad as regular gas for the environment, you pay for the electric and is a total inconvenience, as well, for long hauls. However, with Toyota giving mixed views (some articles claiming Toyota sees a very limited market) and Honda saying straight out no (they believe it is not economical to make for the next 8-10 years), I believe I will probably wait it out another couple of years before I have a viable option.

Patrick,
    Is you honda converted hybrid or modified? I see the epa rating is 22/25, how do you get 55/75?
    That's amazing!

I'm yet another person who wants a hybrid AWD car with good ground clearance - I'm a doc and I sometimes have to drive through pretty stinky weather in the middle of the night. We got a Prius last spring and I'm really worried about the winter. What I DON'T want is a big SUV. Even the RAV4 has gotten too big for my tastes. I hope that Toyota and Honda realize that there's a market for a SMALL vehicle with AWD capability and hybrid technology. I'm afraid I'm going to have to get a non-hybrid Surabu soon because I can't keep waiting for Toyota and Honda to wake up!

I was expecting to buy a RAV 4 EV when I sized my solar PV system. Too bad that they were discontinued just before my now oversized system came on line. I have really been frustrated because of this move by Toyota and I have been donating over $400.00 worth of electricity to PG&E annually for more that 3 years now.

I really would like to see a PHEV version of the RAV 4 with an all electric range of 30 to 50 miles on a charge with a cruising electric only speed of 65mph. I realize this may require supercaps as well as Li Ion batteries, but that concept has been adequately demonstrated by others.

Add me to the list of people who would jump on the Rav4 hybrid were it available. I'm a big Toyota guy, have owned Camry, Cellica, and now a Matrix. Always loved the rav4. I'm a single guy who lives in the city where space is confined. Also take sporadic countryside trips and the roads here in Puerto Rico are pretty bad so a small SUV option is perfect...and Im dying to go greener like any other person with half a brain I guess.

If a Rav4 hybrid were available today, I would trade my Matrix xrs(which I love dearly) tomorrow. I am would be very dissapointed if the option or its facsimile is not available 3-4 years from now when I will be looking to replace my '03 MATRIX.

Small SUV Hybrid - YES!!!

I'm waiting to buy one as soon as Toyota or Honda come out with one.