+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Any news on Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid?

big oil killed the electric vehicle. They need a vehicle that needs refueling in some form or the distrinution industry loses out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I'm waiting for the Rav4 Hybrid too. The 2006 Rav4 is really nice. I hope this message will pass on to Toyota, and the future Rav4 Hybrid will shut down all the competitors.

Toyota has stated that they wont introduce a hybrid Rav4 due to the alignment of the engine and inability to engineer a hybrid drivetrain in that setting.

Maybe that will change in the future. If there had been a hybrid Rav 4 I likly would have pruchased it as it makes sense as an option in their line for me and probably a whole ot of folks.

Can you provide a source for that as I am 100% sure I heard a few days ago that the RAV4 hybrid is due soon.

I'm going to add my request to the long list of those hoping Toyota will smartly invest in a RAV 4 Hybrid. I've got a great 1993 Camry that I intend to drive into the ground, or trade in for the new RAV4 Hybrid, whichever comes first.

I just bought a Highlander hybrid but would have loved the option for the RAV4. As was stated, Highlander is more SUV than many need, but it's still a modest size in today's market of behemoths like the Hummer! If the RAV4 goes hybrid, though, it might be a great trade-in when my Highlander lease is up!

Adding another request for RAV4 Hybrid - Toyota your missing out here...waiting on a small suv/cuv hybrid.

I, too, would like to see a hybrid RAV4. Stop making them bigger; make them smarter !
    Count me as one more vote for the Hybrid RAV4.

How wonderful to see I am not the only one! I drive a corolla and my intention as well is to drive it into the ground but pray for a high clearance hybrid (smaller than the Highlander) before that day comes. my poor car gets a bit of abuse when I decide to go hiking or camping but in my opinion there is no excuse for these obscenely large gas guzzlers.

I will add I was at a triathlon expo and toyota was a sponsor and I asked when the Rav4 would come out as a hybrid and the rep said they were planning to eventually release all their models with a hybrid option eventually so hopefully soon!

Go for the RAV diesel like the rest of the world

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-full.aspx?RT=765