+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Here's what I was told by

Here's what I was told by Toyota. If you haven't done so already, anyone posting here should go to Toyota.com and express their interest in buying this sort of vehicle:

Thank you for your interest in our hybrid technology and for being part of the Toyota family.

We appreciate your feedback that you would like to see Toyota offer the RAV4 as a hybrid because the only way we know what our customers are looking for is when they tell us, as you have. We try to scope our customers out in advance, by researching the market, conducting interviews, surveys, focus groups and doing our homework, but there's no better source than a Toyota owner who takes the time to tell us like it is.

We can't guarantee that a hybrid RAV4 will be made available in the future, but if it were, it would be driven by just this sort of honest communication.

Again, please accept our apologies for your disappointment and our sincere thanks for taking the time and trouble to let us know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have owned a RAV 4 in the

I have owned a RAV 4 in the past, and I loved the little SUV. We sold it when we downsized, but I have regretted getting rid of it. We live in a rural area and need to have all wheel drive when the roads get slick. We bought a used 2005 Prius in 2006, and I love the little car (except when the roads are slick). It sits so low to the ground that just 4 inches of snow will cause me to ground the car in the garage until the roads are clear. It has some wierd traction stuff that just causes it's wheels to spin and not grip. My driveway is very rough, and the car has a tendency to bottom out very easily. My RAV never had these problems. and would always zip up my driveway.

I want the best of both worlds..... I want a hybrid RAV 4. I am patiently waiting for my ultimate car.

DeSoto, MO

I own a 2002 Rav 4 and am

I own a 2002 Rav 4 and am also waiting for a plug in hybrid SUV to be released. First one out gets my $$.

Its finally here!!!

Its finally here!!!

You work for Toyota?

You work for Toyota?

An EV Rav4 has been

An EV Rav4 has been announced and will be on the market in 2012.

NO Rav4 Hybrid has been announced. Hereís Toyotaís official response:
    ---------------
    Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your interest in the Toyota RAV4.

Toyota has not yet announced plans to produce a hybrid-powered version of the RAV4 SUV. However, this does not guarantee that such a vehicle is not in development. We have become aware of public interest in a hybrid RAV4 through communications such as yours, and we will make your email available here at Toyota's national headquarters for review by the appropriate parties. Your feedback will be helpful as we plan future vehicles to better serve your driving needs.