+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

I have been shopping

I have been shopping recently for a small/midsize suv that gets reasonable mileage and moderate offroading capability. I'll probably buy the Rav4, and I would have gone for a Hybrid Rav4 if it were available. Some comments:

- The Rav4 V6 4x4 non-hybrid gets BETTER highway mileage than the Lexus Hybrid and only 1 highway mpg less than the Hybrid Escape 4x4.

- Average mpg of (city + hwy)/2, the Rav4 above gets only 2.5 mpg less than the Lexus and only 5.5 less than the Ford.

- Rav4 has higher clearance and better approach/departure angles than the Lexus, in spite of being a smaller vehicle. It also has locking differential and the ability to lock it into 4WD, which are usually only found in larger 4x4's.

- Escape Hybrid is EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND. The nearest dealer that has one is over 400 miles away. So much for choosing my favorite color or options! When I looked for the Hybrid at my local Ford dealer, the salesman talked down hybrids and tried to get me into the non-hybrid model. No doubt, they were trying to sell what was in inventory. The non-hybrid V6 Escape actually drove pretty well, but it gets only 1mpg better than the Nissan X-Terra or the Toyota 4Runner!

Ford probably has a great vehicle with the Escape Hybrid. But if they can't get it to the customer, then what's the point?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Earlierr today i was

Earlierr today i was thinking what a great Idea to make the Rav4 a hybrid and apparently all of the above do to I think if toyota put a hybrid engine in the rav4 it could become the most fuel efficient suv on the planet and if it doesent it could say the most fuel efficient vehicle with a third row seat!!!!! and I would love to own a rav4 hybrid and no matter what the cost I would probbably get one under 30,000 dollars.

I stopped to talk with a guy

I stopped to talk with a guy yesterday who was driving a 2008 Highlander Hybrid with MFG plates. When I said that I was waiting for RAV4 hybrid he just smiled and said "that may be showing up sooner than you might think". I have no idea who he was or what his job is, but I thought it was interesting. Probably means nothing, but we can always hope...

I Too am waiting and waiting

I Too am waiting and waiting for a hybrid small RAV 4 as I have the 97 model and love it, but would love even more the hybrid version. Does anyone know who at Toyota we can contact about considering putting the small Rav 4 into a hybrid?? I agree with some of the posts. Most of us live in a city, in an apartment and cannot search the city (I live in LA, too big) an electrical plug, that might be why the EV didn't do as well. THere are many many single women or single people who don't have kids, but want the room, power and convenience of a SMALL SUV as opposed to a large HIghlander SUV. By the way, that Highlander hybrid really doesn't have that great a gas mileage. AND instead, they came out with a BIGGER Rav4, as if they don't already have a million models of large SUVSs out there! We need to think more like Europe, smaller and more efficient.

If you want to let the auto

If you want to let the auto makers know what you want, the best avenue is their corporate customer support. Here are the numbers for all of the big guys:

Chevrolet (800) 222-1020

Ford (800) 392-FORD (or 800-392-3673)
    Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, PO Box 6248, Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Honda (800) 999-1009
    Honda Automobile Customer Service, 1919 Torrance Boulevard, Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
    Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Nissan (800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
    Nissan Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 685003, Franklin TN 37068-5003

Mercedes-Benz USA (800) FOR-MERCEDES or (1-800-367-6372)
    Customer Assistance Center, 3 Paragon Drive, Montvale, N.J. 07645

Mitsubishi (888) MITSU2007 (or 888-648-7820)
    Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., PO Box 6014, Cypress, CA 90630-0014

Saturn (800) 553-6000
    Customer Assistance Center , 100 Saturn Parkway, MD-371-999-S24, Spring Hill, TN 37174

Subaru of America (800) SUBARU3 (or 800-782-2783) | email
    Subaru of America, Inc., Subaru Plaza, P.O. Box 6000, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000
    Attn: Customer/Dealer Services

Toyota (800) 331-4331
    Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. 19001 South Western Ave. Dept. WC11, Torrance, CA 90501

Thanks to Plug-in America for pulling these all together.

Amen and Thank You. I was

Amen and Thank You. I was surprised and appalled at Toyota injecting steroids into their RAV4 lineup. It is the perfect model for them to go hybrid with next.

Add me to the RAV4 Hybrid

Add me to the RAV4 Hybrid list. this is a pretty good site showing what's on the horizon in the hybrid mkt. no sign of the rav4. they're no dummies at toyota - there's more $ to be made in with the highlander. just a matter of time b4 the rav4 H arrives.

http://www.hybridcenter.org/hybrid-timeline.html

Count me in here. I was

Count me in here. I was asking about a RAV4 Hybrid ever since it came out and can't believe that Toyota has dragged it feet so long on what their customers so obviously want. Isn't this called good customer service? FYI, I just emailed this page of comments to Jim Press who is listed as the President of Toyota on the www.don't crush.com website. Maybe it will help.

My 2004 Rav4 is simply the

My 2004 Rav4 is simply the best car I've ever owned. My next care WILL be a hybrid and the Rav4 has earned seniority in my choice...BUT, the current new Rav has a console configuration that doesn't allow my long legs (I'm 6'5") to rest anywhere without hard contact on the right leg. (It's a sure clot-maker.) No adjustments will allow me the comfort that my '04 has offered for 120,000 miles.
    Does anybody know if a Rav hybrid will be four wheel drive? If not, and it's only front wheel drive, then maybe the floor/console configuration will be roomier because of the lack of a rear drive shaft. Yes? No? Maybe?

GG

I'm just lying in wait with

I'm just lying in wait with my gas-guzzling but rugged 4WD Nissan Xterra, waiting for someone--hopefully, Toyota with the Rav4--to create a small, rugged (off-road), hybrid SUV. Oh, did I mention "cute"? :-)