+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Any news on Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid?

Big oil killed electric cars? How did it manage to do what the consumer had already accomplished? And how does one kill off a great technology? How did big oil (which was cash strapped during the time that
    the EV1 was on the market) manage to prevent this wonder car from succeeding? Only gullible fools are
    braindead enought to believe that totally implausible and lying fraudulent piece of crap movie by Chris (the Fool) Paine. GM was able to only get 50 morons to sign on the dotted line and in all those years only leased a total of 400 vehicles! I'm amazed they found 400 California airheads willing to pay for the right to be so totally inconvenienced. Without a practical battery there can be no such thing as a practical electric car.
    No fool will spend $40,000 on a vehicle that can't get him out of the county , much less out of the state.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Kerry,

You really don't expect me to sit quitely do you?
    Actually, I am. Your comments are verbatim from GM's own professional liar - David Barthmus. Please be original with your nonesense.
    Two questions for you though:
    Did you see the movie?
    Did you ever ride in or drive an EV1?
    If not, I hardly think you're qualified to make the comments you made since clearly your only source of info is the hundreds of places around the internet where GM has placed their inconsistant excuses.

I am also waiting for the Rav4 to be available as a hybrid. I will drive my current Volvo until it is released, and then buy one as soon as I can. My father in law's Prius opened my eyes, and I'm waiting with bated breath.

Add me to the list of RAV4 owners waiting for a RAV4 Hybrid. I love my 2002 RAV4 and really hoping my next RAV will be a Hybrid version. Also prefer the shorter model. Toyota, hope you are reading this!

i am waiting and hopin gthat they release a hybrid rav4 i have a 98 rav 4 and want my next one to be a hybrid

If Detroit is listening-which I am sure they are not-it is evident that there is a real market for a small hybrid SUV. Since Toyota and Honda know that Detroit is not smart enough to make one, and the RAV4 and CRV sell well, why would they do it.

I would buy an electric small SUV in a heart-beat, especially living in Dallas with all the photoelectric generators that people are using. Think about it, the combination means no electric or gas usage.

Too bad, makes me very angry cause I would love to be free of gas usage all together!

Hey Dave - what do you think the Ford Escape Hybrid is?? A small hybrid SUV! Wow, I guess Detriot was listening after all! I don't know if you've noticed, but the RAV 4 has gotten a lot bigger, and doesn't get any better mpg than a conventional Escape.

Honda will reportedly offer a hybrid CRV for 2008 model year.

Add me to the list of others who'd like to have a Rav-4 hybrid. I'm on my 3rd Camry (a 2002 model) and I am ready to convert to something that hauls cargo as well as humans efficiently.

Toyota, please listen to your loyal customers!!

Lynn

I was looking into buying another camry, hybrid this time, a Rav4 or the Escape Hybrid. Then I decided to wait two years (2008) to see if Toyota will come out with a Rav4 Hybrid. I just love the 2006 Rav4!

Anyway I am iffy about the Escape Hybrid, so if Honda comes out with a hybrid comparable to Toyota before Toyota gets their game on I guess I will have to leave the toyota family for Honda, what a pity. I LOVE MY TOYOTA!