+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Any news on Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid?

count me in

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Seriously, diesel is not an option if you live in a severe mult-weather location. Toyota is missing the boat competitively without a small SUV hybrid. Honda has already stated that they do not see a market for it, but Ford is making a killing with its Hybrid Escape in many regions of the country.

That's funny, because when the first prius came out, they said their goal was to offer a hybrid version of every vehivle they make.

I don't even own a RAV4, but have sat in the dealership show room imagining the RAV4 was mine.. The only reason I haven't bought one is, I'd really like a hybrid, especially the RAV4.. I'm trying to hold out and cross my fingers like the rest of you.. Good to find this site. I hope Toyota or other car makers read this as well.

Patrick

Why cant the RAV diesel be used in places where
    the weather is severe?

I have a 2003 RAV4 and love it. PLEASE - I would buy a hybrid version in a minute! I just read on Edmunds.com that They were coming out with one in Jan/Feb 2007 with one. This was on a board there and am a little leery with the source.

Agreed on all the demand for more choices on a compact hybrid SUV. With Ford making the only offering thru the Escape, my wife and I thought about holding out for a more potentially reliable Toyota model that could be smaller than the Highlander. The Highlander could've worked a few years ago, but we don't need that kind of footprint now, so, I say "Hey Toyota! When are you going to introduce the hybrid RAV 4 (or equivalent)?".

The demand is out there......how long will it take the auto manufacturers to realize that there is a huge market of car drivers who want to buy new fuel efficient cars and reduce oil consumption?

Sheesh! The manufacturers are just getting around to realizing that some people are converting existing hybrids to run more on electricity than on gas, thereby saving even more on fuel and getting mileage close to 100mpg!

I thought long and hard about getting a Ford Escape hybrid, and finally decided against it because of the lack of safety features (no stability control, traction control or advanced AWD - just anti-lock brakes and, as an option, side curtain air bags!).

I'll run my current car for another year, hoping that a Hybrid RAV-4 comes out, but I'm astonished at the lack of a good, safe small crossover hybrid SUV on the market. Come on Toyota or Honda! It can be done, and we'll line up to buy it!

See if you can get Subaru to build a hybrid Forester instead. Better yet, have them build it with their new clean burn diesel as a hybrid of course.

I have a 2003 RAV and will buy a new car when Toyota comes out with a hybrid RAV. It's the perfect size for an all-wheel drive for someone who does alot of driving in the snow. Come on Toyota!