+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Any news on Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid?

I am trying to find out whether Toyota will bring out a hybrid of its RAV4 in the near future? I khave heard that they are replacing the ordinary RAV4 lineup next year with an all new model. Will this new lineup include a hybrid option? Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I repeat the question: Any news on Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid?
    I was told last November that this year Toyota would release the Hybrid Rav 4 but do not see any news about it or it's expectation. Does any one know about this?

Toyata, get with it, this is the hybrid many people want....stop making the Rav4 bigger, and start making it hybrid....before honda does it with the honda fit

Toyota already has 4 hybrids.Including a Camry.So Toyota doesn't really have to "get with it".Comparing to Nissan which has no hybrids,Or from what I know.

Toyota put alot of money into the making and manufacturing of the Rav 4 EV (all electric vehicle), and it didn't work out. They only sold about 300 vehicles in a year, and there were alot of technical issues. They stopped making it in 2003. I loved my '97 Rav 4, and hoped to replace it with a hybrid Rav 4....but no luck. I think the EV debacle put Toyota off making a small SUV. Too bad, since the Highlander hybrid is more SUV than alot of people need. I ended up going with the Ford Escape HEV in '05 and have been very happy with it. It is a bit bigger than the RAV 4, and handles well. But I miss my Toyota....

Joan,

I've got to correct the misinformation you're spreading:

Nearly every RAV4EV allowed to stay on the road is still on the road. They seldom need any maintenance (no oil changes, few brake changes, no gas, no transmission issues, etc) and run great. The drivers never have to buy gas and couldn't tell you what it costs.

Toyota only sold 300 vehicles because they only offered 300 vehicles for sale for only a few months and only at a few dealers, only in Califormia. Today, these 300 vehicles rarely come on the market and when they do, are being sold for more than they cost new. The drivers love them passionately (see http://www.darelldd.com/ev/ and click on "RAV4EV" on the left, then "owners" at the top).

In addition to the 300 that were sold, Toyota leased about 1000 but only to large fleets of many vehicles. Last year, Toyota started destroying the leased vehicles as they came off lease. In response a group of owners and their friends (www.dontcrush.com) embarrassed Toyota into stopping the destruction. Toyota agreed to make the fleet returns available for purchase or release while they remain in serviceable condition.

ummm...
    I got my "misinformation" from the Toyota web site

http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/vehi...ome/index.html

So, I'm not "spreading" this...just posted what I believe to be Toyota's official response to the Rav 4 situation.

Sorry....

burnnn! haha

Regrettably, the best source of mis-information on hybrids and electric cars comes from the incumbent automobile industry. This could help to answer the burning question:
    Who Killed the Electric Car?

I, too, am waiting for Toyota to make a hybrid Rav4. I don't want a bigger SUV, and am a big Toyota fan. I particularly like the Rav4. I assumed since they already made the Rav4 EV, they have a model light enough to succeed as a hybrid. I was only aware of the Rav4 EV as a fleet vehicle. I would buy a used EV, but the prices I see the few available offered at are out of my price range. There's one up for auction on ebay now and the bid so far is $36,000.