+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

A hybrid looks the way it does because it requires an Aerodynamics design to get better fuel economy. It's engineering that brings the car to look the way it does, and in my opinion, is very cool looking. I think Hummers are huge, overwhelming, and ugly - no matter what they run on. But as one Hummer owner said, "At least in Hummer, you can plow through a deer without any problems. Your car would be destroyed." Those who wish to own this kind of transportation have a will never be behind a hybrid or the design of one. But Hummers aren't as common either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Beauty is clearly a matter of personal taste. I fell in love with the looks of the new Prius at first site. I am a mechanical engineer / industrial designer and find that the Prius II shape is an impressive integration of form and function. I have always been a fan of fastbacks and of smart "mold breaking" car design. I agree that the new HCH is much better looking than its predecessor and holds its own next to a Prius. The space and utility of the Prius still make it the clear winner in my books!

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

My god len, get off your high horse and hippy talk. Take a shower bitch.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Len, good god.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Good God ?

Hey I'm now in Northern Alberta and own a bike that I can actually use much of the year. Usually doesn't snow much here.

And I don't have to worry too much about getting door'd or run over by 300 lb'ers stuck to the seat of their vehicle.

Although it is a small town and the bike trails although existant are a bit crude in places ... its great for a mountain bike.

And my Prius is getting lost among all the pickups! Talking about ugly ... what about some of the new models of SUV's. That new Nissan looks like ....

... anyway, have a great day.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

i think hybrid cars look cool. If you think hybrid cars are ugly, go buy you a exxxxspensive electric car.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Hybrids help the enviorment. Don't worry about how they look.Electric cars are exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpensive.when you are out of gas the give you a few extra miles. They even have a computer in it,just to tell you that the gas is low.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

D'Amontae,

Where can I buy and electric car?

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Hybrid Cars can be sold for a lot less. I'm not ready yet. I'll wait til the price drops and their mileage hit more 50 city and 75 to 100 on the freeway. Price should be 25% less and a big tax break. I am waiting for my 100.00 check to come from that guy that is trying to run this country, what ever his name may be. Maybe I'll use it for a down payment that if I have any of it after I put gas to go and buy a Hybrrid. But for today, take the Hybrids and the 100.00 and stick it up your ass. This country could do better, than that. They should hire people with brains. Design a car that good hot and gets 75 to 125 MPG and give it to for about 10,000. Rigth, if that happens the gas prices will go up to 20.00 per gal.

Volkswagen didnt miss the

Volkswagen didnt miss the boat when they started making hybrids, its called TDI. You get better mileage than a hybrid and the engines can go upwards of 1 million miles before a rebuild. At least there was a volvo diesel car in the area that had over 1 million on the stock engine. Hybrids are ugly as all hell. My 96 metro gets the same if not better mileage and looks way cooler than an Insight or Prius (the only 2 "affordable" hybrids). I'm a BMW guy through and through, I would never not own one, my 323ci stick gets 31mpg average on the highway with maybe 1/4-2/5 city driving and its not ugly. When I'm in Europe at least 90% of all vehicles are diesel, our BMW 320d which had over 300 ft/lbs of torque averaged 59 mpg for us over the course of 2 weeks driving from frankfurt to munich, to venice, milan, paris, and back to munich for more oktoberfest fun. WHY CANT WE HAVE THAT HERE???