+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Civic hybrids look exactly like non-hybrids, except for the "Hybrid gasoline-electric" decal on the rear. they may be "blah", but Honda at least had the decency to avoid making their hybrids look llike something from a futuristic car show. I live with the blah look at 40mpg- ALONE- in the carpool lane!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

LOL Sounds as if many posters are highly concerned with their "image" from people looking as they drive by, like perhaps their "macho" is related to the looks of their transportation. The Hybrid technology is fast finding its way into more conventional-looking cars if that's an issue for you. Some years back, I drove a VW Beetle and a VW Van - neither a "beauty" as car styles went at the time. My Prius reminds me a little of a StarTrek Shuttle Craft and I can't help but smile when I consider the fuel economy and enjoy all the technological "goodies."

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

What ever happened to the Buses that run on clean Hygrogen fuel cells? I remember the clear blue drinkable liquid being burst out into the air in a cloud of steam. We need mass transit... we need more sidewalks and friendly bike lines on roads!

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Hybrids are ugly, well yes some are, the toyota in my opinion is odd looking and of course the Honda insight is just silly looking, but the civic and accord, look the same as the gas version, as does the escape and the lexus, so hopefully the days of the ugly hybrid are almost over.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

THey can be ugly as hell. 81% less emissions from FORD vehicles is good enough for me!

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Honestly people, now I understand why Americans are labeled as superficial. "Oh my God, i can't be seen in an ugly car!" Some people would love the chance to be able to drive that good of a car instead of a beat down peice of shit, not good on gas that barely makes it down the street. Be happy some of you actually have the option to buy something that good.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

I'm with several previous posters. Candidly, I really don't care what someone else thinks about the "looks" of my transportation. I do not feel the need of "proving" my "status" or "wealth" by the car I drive. I drive a Prius, Camry and '85 Jaguar XJ6. I like the quality and low maintenance of the Toyotas, and particularly the efficiency and technology of the Prius. I don't need to haul soccor teams or building materials or pull horse trailers. The 2004 Prius is our default car and we welcome the economy and dependability. The "wind resistance" factor is part of the economy. "Damned clever, these Japanese!"

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

So it's superficial to not want an ugly car? I suppose it's also superficial to comb your hair and dress in something more attractive than a burlap bag.

Len's comment that "all cars are ugly by definition" strikes me about as informed as it would have if he had said "all buildings are ugy by definition" or "all paintings are ugly by definition."

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

These posts about ugly hybrid cars just don't make any sense. Considering that only 2 of the 8 "hybrids" have styling different than a conventional car, the Prius and the Insight. The other 6 look exactly the same as their conventional cars. If you don't like the styling of the 6 of the 8, it isn't because they are hybrids.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

yeah, all that is superficial, if that's all you're worried about. when all people care about is the way they look or what other people think of them because of material objects, that's superficial. Although good hygiene, is another thing, that's for your own benefit.