+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Alrighty, I have to agree, that new 2006 Civic is a huge improvement over the current look! I wonder if the hybrid version will overtake the Prius in sales?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Asian manufacturers claim US assembly plants to be "international business centers", and thus pay minimal US taxes. US communities, already damaged by the loss of manufacturing and engineering to underpriced Asian countries, are more than willing to accept these "international business centers" to lower unemployment. It's time to wake up, America.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Well as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" I for one don't mind the look of most of the hybrid cars and find the insight awesome. The shape is determined by drag coefficient to help with wind resistance and save on gas. The importance off looks is secondry as the main focus is a car that is better for the environment. But as comes up all too often is the American need for greed and flash as Alberto (July 05 2005) wrote "build a hybrid the look like a hummer then I will buy" one question Alberto what the hell for son! there is no need for a Hummer in the first place except for people who have small man syndrome! the Hummer is a military vehicle and should have been left as such, you want ugly get the hummer or a suburban. Try to think of the world around you a little more and your impact on you fellow humans rather than your need to impress. Try to think for youself Alberto and not be a mindless American consumer.
    And to Address Marks (july 12 2005) concerns, it always feels good to blame the other guy hey Mark! its never your fault it was the Asians, America decimated its own work force by sending work to Mexico and other places to save a buck, what you sow is what you reap. The US is forever messing with the world under the pretext of freedom but it is always to further their own economic interests. YOU are responsible for more pain and suffering than the Japanesse so just remember that. And get your facts right before bashing a company for doing what is right minmizing thier taxes which is what they all do yes American compaies included. Heres a fact the Japanesse where first to market with hybrid cars and lead the way for quality and innovation Detroit couldn't give a stuff Ford has managed the Escape Hybrid late in the piece and so far that is it. why I guess they are helping out thier oil buddies and George W. Don't forget Mark some of the worst corporate scams have happend by American companies on Americans, like GM they totally destroyed your light rail commuter system to force people to buy cars, what a great move. Go liberty Go freedom Go GREED.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Agreed. Mark, you need to really take an economics class. You seem to be very confused about the way an industrialized economy shifts. It's an incredibly complex matter that certainly cannot be pinned on one particular thing. Our economy is suffering at the moment because China, India, etc are devouring resources at a rate that we can't produce. If you work in the construction or manufacturing industries you already understand this. China is using massive amount of coal, steel, concrete, etc and therefor our prices rise. I don't think anyone really thought about what would happen if nations with 1.2 billion people started copying americas greed and wastefulness.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

I have to admit that every car made since the 1970's has been ugly, so it probably doesn't matter! Cheap plastic painted bumpers, bland plastic interiors, peppered with a few electronic gadgets doesn't make something worth as much as they ask. They don't even use glass for headlights anymore! Even with all this lightweight crap, fuel economy isn't any better than some older cars. Sure the hybrids are efficient, but why not make one that stands out, and looks like a classic design! I agree that a classic sports car design would really add to the hybrid's appeal.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

"Hybird Cars are Ugly" Agreed. But look whats coming out of Dodge. The ugliest thing I possiably have every seen is the newest Dodge Durango, Dokota, or the ugliest of them all... RAM... and what is even uglier is the price. Oh did I mention you can get 12 MPG with you're big HEMI!!?! Oh big man you can accelerate fast than me... you are the big man now! Anyways to counter the point. Its typical that you have to make cars look "good" in order to sell. Well don't put up with this crap GM, Dodge (Chrsitler Corp), Ford and the others are spitting out. Talk about ugly... christ! Have you SEEN what is on the road these days??? Big wheels! Its like hot wheels, and no the cool 1970's kind... but my GOD! The "rims" and the ugliness of it. If I am going to drop 19000.00 on a STANDARD american sedan, I don't mind paying 20,000.00 for a hybrid. With gas in my area 2.75 a gallon with NO, absolutely NO, mass transit system, not even a freak'n bus system. I don't mind driving what one could consider a "ugly" car. By the way anyone who says the civic is too "bland" can suck on my 1972 F-250's tail pipe... What the hell is happening to America these days? I will tell you what... idiocy has risen... and how much you my ask? 51%. Those are the dumb asses who actually voted for the man who is in control of the "free" world.

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

You are correct that Idiocy in America has risen. So many people think Toyota has "invented" hybrid tech, when in reality locomotives in 1920's where hybrids!!!!

The those how have an idocy problem with history please read this article:

<A HREF=http://www.uprr.com/aboutup/history/loco/locohs03.shtml</A>

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

Maybe my car is ugly, but at least it ain't bringing down the scenery at the gas station!

Hybrid Cars Are Ugly

The only good Hybrid car that Looks extremly Incredible is the Toyota Volta I almost lost my eyes Its just as good as an lamborghini diablo, http://www.hybridcarguide.com/images/volta01.jpg
    check it out! WOW!! :-0