+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: drivers seat

drivers seat

I just bought a 2002 Prius and I find it very uncomfortable.Do they make ergonomic seats for the Prius? Does anyone have any suggestions? I have MS and I think that's part of the problem I had a Camry that was very comfortable.What about a Corolla seat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

drivers seat

Buy a new (2004 or 2005) Prius!!!

drivers seat

A newer Prius may not be the answer.

I have a new 06 Prius. I have had it for a month now and my lower back is killing me. Nothing has changed in my life except the car (went from a Jeep to a Prius). I am fit and only 29, so there is no reason my back should hurt like this. I am very disappointed with the seats and leg room. I think I would have reconsidered my purchase if I would have known that the comfort was so poor.

drivers seat

I have just bought a Prius 2006. The driver seat is SOOOOO UNCOMFORTABLE (acutally all seats int he car are), it is almost unreal. My bakc hurts and, like the other poster in this forum, it has no reason to hurt since my back has not given me much trouble in the past. The culprit is the stiffness of the foam in the seat. I called Toyota and they told me the could not help.

I am looking into aftermarket options to get the seat altered or changed. As for Toyota, they have not heard the last of me; LOUSY customer service.

Real sad, but so far I have a brand new car I basically cannot drive.

drivers seat

Don't you guys get it? They do that ON PURPOSE so that you'll want to drive as little as possible! It's opart of the whole green-environment thing. Hey, you save even more gas.

drivers seat

I drove a Camry for 5 years and bought a Prius in April. I am 6' 2" and I have found the Prius as comfortable to sit in as the Camry which had a 6 way power seat. The back has even more room than the Camry.

drivers seat

So does anyone have any good solutions? My husband has the same problem: we bought a Camry Hybrid for his 200 mile/day commute and it is crippling him! We have tried: all sorts of off-the shelf products, but it is his upper not lower back; a folded-over therma-rest; actually creating a pad for the seat out of about 14 layers of very thin foam cut to fill in the center bit; etc. ad nauseum. Anyone else have any ideas?

Re:drivers seat

Hi Robin,
    I just bought a 2004 Prius and cannot believe how uncomfortable the drivers seat is and I do not have MS (yet!) I have to do something about it. Please lets share any research.
    Jacqueline.

Re:drivers seat

Hi Robin,
    I just bought a 2004 Prius and cannot believe how uncomfortable the drivers seat is and I do not have MS (yet!) I have to do something about it. Please lets share any research.
    Jacqueline.

lower back pillow?

hey guys. i had a friend with that problem and he solved it by just buying a lower back pillow that sort of acted as a lumbar support since the prius does not have it. he got it at one of those discount auto part stores. most of the people do not have any problems with the seats because it was made to fit the majority of people. but, every body is different and some people will have problems with the seats. so, give the pillow a try and good luck!