+ Reply to Thread

GM offers Silverado Hybrid below cost

www.gm.com is offering a national promotion

all customers get the "gm employee discount, you pay what we pay"

but included in that discount is the Silverado hybrid ... my dealer had one in stock and the discounted price is about $24,500

(i'm in Calif)

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

oops ... forgot to add ...

i'm not really sold on the benefits of the GM hybrid ... freeway mileage is still awful 21 mpg

does anyone have any personal experience with this vehicle?

No, but it is not a full hybrid ... they call it a mild hybrid although I think 'starter motor hybrid' is the more accurate name I read somewhere.

The shutting off at a stop give you the fuel economy (10% increase) and the 110 AC outlets give you the utlility if you pull around an RV.

I'm more interested in the Tahoe full hybrid in 2007. GM/Damler's full hybrid 'transmission' looks quite interesting and I'm sure it would pull anything my family wanted to.

http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/...evy_tahoe.html

For now, the Prius, the Van, and living somewhere where RV'ing is unappealing will have to do.

Len - Wow, that is an interesting article on the new GM hybrid CVT. Thanks.

I'm trying to find out if my 98 Blazer 4x4 can be converted into a hybrid. If so, how much and who can do it?

feelgood decal

Escalade drivers aren't concerned with fuel efficiency or poisoning the air.
    A two-ton hybrid is lipstick on a pig. A 'hybrid' decal would accomplish the same thing, only cheaper. Prius will always be the leader.
    I drive pure elecric Rabbit Pickups with an amp guage in my face that shows how much more energy it takes to push against wind, gravity and rubber at higher speeds. I write letters to representatives to encourage a lower (and safer) speed limit for all vehicles. People would feel safer in smaller cars if they weren't surrounded by a stampede of impatient horny iron monsters.

I agree.

I definately agree... Had many close calls in my prius...

Lucky I was able to evade and be safe!