+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hybrid Truck

Hybrid Truck

Does anyone know about plans for a hybrid truck? I wish Toyota would make a hybrid Tacoma.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid Truck

I hear that Chevrolet is looking at a partial Hybrid pick-up. Small engine with electric motor assist on acceleration. The small engine will give you better highway fuel economy. The engine will stop at intersections, etc. to save some fuel.
    I still prefer the full Hybrid Escape. I'll run errands on battery power only. That is how you save gas in town.

Hybrid Truck

Chevy has already put out the Silverado (full-size) pickup, but only in limited areas.

The "hybridization" isn't much either...it more designed to boost the power of a (relatively) smaller engine, rather than to save fuel or help the environment.

Hybrid Truck

It occurs to me that Toyota would have some work to do to put THS or HSD in a pickup. Most pickup chassis are designed for longitudinally-mounted RWD drivelines. THS/HSD is clearly designed primarily for FWD transverse mounted installations.

i want more information for

i want more information for truck hybrid.

on Chevrolet website they

on Chevrolet website they list the 09 silverado coming out end of year as two mode hybrid. much better than the previous year model

I want hybrid Tacoma. I

I want hybrid Tacoma. I hump it when it made.

can u provide me some

can u provide me some charactarestcs about the engine ... it's volume , it's power,torque ,, etc
    thnx alot