+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

They're designed with better

They're designed with better aerodynamic lines, lower rolling resistance tires, and gear boxes/computers that optimize rpms/fuel usage/power needs.So it is very much hard to convert except someone came up with a innovative idea.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Actually "At cruising speed

Actually "At cruising speed an EV only uses about 40 KW of power" this isn't true. All vehicles need less than 10kW to run at cruising speed. They may need more that that to accelerate but for cruising 10kW should be sufficient ( 90 km/h , 55 mph ). That's why big engined cars are not efficient, they rarely use their top kW rating, most of the time ( between 2500-3000 rpm ) they only produce 20-30 kW maximum and are very inefficient in at that rpm. Anyway i agree with your other ideas. I was thinking of converting a Daewoo Matiz ( because it's light ).

Thousands of successful

Thousands of successful water-conversions around the world are proof that this technology works. Water as a supplement to gasoline is being used to fuel vehicles more efficiently, with improved emissions, and at significant savings compared to gas or diesel powered engines. Although it hasn’t yet been tested on factory hybrids, water-burning technology is readily available for gas or diesel powered cars, vans, trucks, and SUVs. Using electricity from a vehicle’s battery, water-burning hybrid technology separates water into a gas called Oxyhydrogen, or Brown’s Gas, with a chemical composition, HHO, similar to that of water (2 hydrogen atoms + 1 oxygen atom). Oxyhydrogen gas provides the atomic power of hydrogen, but unlike highly flammable pure hydrogen or compressed hydrogen, HHO gas generated for water hybrids burns smoothly and maintains the stability of water. Only one quart of water provides over 1800 gallons of HHO gas, but water hybrids use only as much water as needed to produce the amount of HHO required to meet your driving needs. The water hybrid conversion set-up safely supplies HHO gas to the engine’s intake manifold or carburetor, increasing fuel efficiency, and improving emissions quality and engine performance.

Thousands of successful

Thousands of successful water-conversions around the world are proof that this technology works. Water as a supplement to gasoline is being used to fuel vehicles more efficiently, with improved emissions, and at significant savings compared to gas or diesel powered engines. Although it hasn’t yet been tested on factory hybrids, water-burning technology is readily available for gas or diesel powered cars, vans, trucks, and SUVs. Using electricity from a vehicle’s battery, water-burning hybrid technology separates water into a gas called Oxyhydrogen, or Brown’s Gas, with a chemical composition, HHO, similar to that of water (2 hydrogen atoms + 1 oxygen atom). Oxyhydrogen gas provides the atomic power of hydrogen, but unlike highly flammable pure hydrogen or compressed hydrogen, HHO gas generated for water hybrids burns smoothly and maintains the stability of water. Only one quart of water provides over 1800 gallons of HHO gas, but water hybrids use only as much water as needed to produce the amount of HHO required to meet your driving needs. The water hybrid conversion set-up safely supplies HHO gas to the engine’s intake manifold or carburetor, increasing fuel efficiency, and improving emissions quality and engine performance.

Have been reading Mother's

Have been reading Mother's articles about David Arthurs and his hybrids with some enthusiasm--especially as M.E.N. says they've sold over 60,000 sets of plans. To my mind that means about 600 people were likely to make the conversion. However, I have yet to run into anybody, read any blog or see any other evidence of anybody else making one. Seems as though one would see something on the Net about them. If anybody has a link to anybody that has actually made something from David Arthuss plans I'd really like to see it. Thanks much, Mark

About 2 months ago I read an

About 2 months ago I read an article that a company in CT. was going to start up selling conversions for around $6000. It included electric motors on the wheels, Batteries, a heavy duty generator to replace the alternator and and could be shipped locally. They would have local installers or do-it-yourself. I should of kept the name of the company. Does anyone else know about this?

Ironic that your working on

Ironic that your working on such an idea, I'm working on that very same project but my isn't gasoline hybrid, my is hydrogen based fuel cell. Ironic, though, I can't really say that, there are actually many researchers doing that exact same thing at the moment. The problem isn't who gets it done the quickest or the best...the technology has been here for several decades in fact, the problem is being able to not only afford your research and be able to build such a vehicle; but mass producing such a product and not selling to the bigger gasoline manufacturers who simply scrap your idea, after purchasing the patent from you, and then continuing to sell the same polluting gasoline vehicles that they've been selling for the past century. We'll get there, eventually. Good Luck to you.

there are many drawbacks to

there are many drawbacks to most fuel sorces right now including electrical production from fossil fuels. In the case of hydrogen power it actually costs more per gallon of hydrogen fuel in emmissions than you would put out with gasoline (unless you use solar panels on your house for power) to Next why doesn't anybody know how too use google or bing or whatever search engine you use look at (electric car conversion) and do spend some time reading the articles. you will find that you can come up with some pretty interesting finds in fact check out (electroauto.com) they sell or will convert for you (full or partial) to a full electric auto. Just do a little research. I also have an idea on better fuel economy for a hybrid try a diesel electric hybrid (diesel fuel produces more btu's(energy) per gallon)take a look at the jetta gas vs. tdi fuel economy if you don't believe me.

Hydrogen is not very smart

Hydrogen is not very smart right now for the reason that last time i checked most of the worlds electricity comes from fossil fuels

and current hydrogen technology requires electricity to separate hydrogen and oxygen from 2H2O=2H2+O2 equalling your fuel

source now it takes more energy to produce your hydrogen fuel than you get out of it (input energy-wasted energy=output energy).

Now if you are looking for a complete conversion kit I found ex. (electroauto.com) using google and bing just by searching (electric

car conversion) do a little reading and see for yourself. I'm sure there are many places out there doing these conversions and they

are pretty straight forward to do as well (just expect to do a little fab work, or pay somebody to do it for you. Another idea is a

diesel (or biodiesel) electric hybrid add a small diesel engine and generator to a electric conversion kit by removing a couple batteries

(diesel generator making up for the battery capacity). Yet another idea a solar electric hybrid (electric car recharged by the sun while

your car is off during the day while turned off outside). If you can put your mind too it there is no end to how creative you can be

with fuel sources.

That was a thoughtful

That was a thoughtful response. Keep up the good thinking.