+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Prius Battery

No, the Prius battery is

No, the Prius battery is WARRENTIED for 100,000 miles.

150,000 miles is a typical life span for the battery system.

AND the hybrid battery is not ONE battery, but a stack of 14 individual batteries inside one metal case.

Toyota would LOVE to sell you a new battery system every time the little yellow warning light comes on. But there are more than enough Priii out there, that there is an aftermarket service industry that will rebuild and replace individual Hybrid battery cells.

Now, perhaps you would like to tell us which car company you work for, and how much you are being paid to go onto Hybrid forums and trash hybrid cars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

When you press your EV

When you press your EV swicht does you have a EV icon that lighted in the dash to confirm it mode?

I HAVE A 2006 PRIOUS, BOUGHT

I HAVE A 2006 PRIOUS, BOUGHT NEW, I KNOW HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT HAS NOW 170,000 MILES ON IT. AT 160,000 MILES I HAD MY 1ST PROBLEM. I HAD BEEN DRIVING IT ALL DAY, STOPPED AT A 7-11, CAME OUT, STARTED IT, COULDN'T GET IT TO EXCEED 20 MPH, DROVE IT TO DEALER, THEY SPENT THE REST OF THE DAY TESTING AND DECIDED THAT IT WAS THE TRANS AXLE, 5600.00 LATER IT IS RUNNING AGAIN LIKE NEW. MY MAIN CONCERN, WAS I TAKEN FOR A RIDE???? ALSO NOW THE HEADLIGHTS FLICKER, SOMETIMES GO OFF AND HAVE TO BE RECYCLED TO COME BACK ON. TOOK IT TO DEALER, THEY SAID EACH HEADLIGHT HAD ITS OWN COMPUTER AND IT IS OVERHEATING. WANT 1600.00 TO REPAIR. ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS, HEARD THERE IS A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT, BUT CANNOT FIND ANY INFO ON THIS.

Merle Nagel, it seems like

Merle Nagel, it seems like they are fooling you completely. Headlights in Prius do not have any computer at all. What they have is a simple switch and a simple relay.

From your symptoms it seems that your 12 Volt battery is going weak and probably needs replacement. What also needs replacement is the "stealer" fixing your car.

You can get more info and solutions on your Prius's problems by visiting Prius Chat Forum.

http://priuschat.com/

Ogo

i like to know what happens

i like to know what happens if the hybrid battery dies and i don't have money to replace it can i drive the car on the gas engine by itself . i know the gas milage drops and i don't care . i just want to know if i can still drive the car and i mean driving it back and forth to work just using the gas engine .

Check out our solution to

Check out our solution to the high priced hybrid battery replacement issue.
    http://www.re-involt.com

Kim: Sorry, but without the

Kim: Sorry, but without the hybrid battery, the Prius cannot run it's gas engine. There is no separate starter motor, as on a normal car. The Pruis uses the hybrid electric motor as a starter motor for the gas engine. Also, there is no 12v alternator. The Pruis generates the 12v power from the 200v hybrid battery system. No hybrid battery, and the 12v battery does not get charged.

I don't know why you have to

I don't know why you have to get so angry. Well, I probably do. You get upset every time anybody speaks the truth about how much of a waste of money your precious hybrids really are. The VW Jetta currently holds the world record for best average mpg: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/30/v...as-mileage-at/

Check it out. And like the other guy said, there are no 4000 dollar batteries to replace.

58.8 mpg is a record? I'd

58.8 mpg is a record? I'd like to see the fine print of the record. Didn't the tadpole Insight have better EPA numbers than that, like 70mpg?

I'm getting roughly 53mpg combined and I'm not even working that hard for it. I have no doubt I could pull a 58mpg in the spring or fall if I did the whole route at 55mph.

By the way, way to be timely and restart an argument from March.

Sorry, I just stumbled upon

Sorry, I just stumbled upon this ignorant site. If you read the fine print of the article, you would see that they stayed within 5 mph of the speed limit the entire time and it covered 9400+ miles so I can't imagine it was all at 55mph. And I'm sure you could get to the fine print if you went to the Guinness Book of World Records since that is who recorded the entire ordeal. But thanks for playing Teddy Bear.