+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Prius Battery

I have a 2005 with aprox

I have a 2005 with aprox 66,000 miles and this is the second time in the last month I have to jump start my car. I don't know if it's going to take a charge this time. I am going to get a 12 v battery just checking on prices. It happend Sunday. I never go to church the car wouldn't start. I've checked on line, I got a price of $161 and the instructions on how to do it yourself. i'll check with the dealer tomorrow on their price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

my prius is a 2005 and the

my prius is a 2005 and the same exact same thing happened today. My prius has a full tank of gas. I have about 80,000 miles on mine. I am waiting for the report from toyota. I will keep you posted.

We had a similar problem. We

We had a similar problem. We jumped the car, it started, jumped it the next day, it didn't. AAA couldn't jump it either. We towed to Toyota , they told us we jumped it wrong and therefore not a warranty repair. (Although why a 2 year old car isn't starting to begin with would certainly indicate warranty issues!) We had to pay 6100 to replace the inverter. I think Toyota avoids warranty repairs whenever possible, even it means making things up! Would love to hear from others with this issue. Our arbitration is Wednesday.

At least Toyota is trying to

At least Toyota is trying to build a car that will get better mileage than a traditional auto. Thru trial and error the car should improve.

Currently my Prius gets over double the milage of my old car, surely that has some merit. If you read the postings on this site you will develop undue negative feeling for the Prius. Most of the time they do work and are a thrill to drive. Keep buying them.

We have a 2001 Prius and

We have a 2001 Prius and have never had a problem with it. Just recently though, in the consumption or energy we see little yellow diamonds with a E inside it. Up above it say E= 50 wgh regenerating. Does anyone kinow what this means? We read the book but it doesn't show anything like that. I would appreciate any feedback.

I am just curious as to the

I am just curious as to the safety features of this card. I have read recently in an auto accident claim site that the number of road accidents related to Prius is on the rise. Anybody got some answers to this?

Thanks for this read mate.

Thanks for this read mate. Well, this is my first visit to your blog! But I admire the precious time and effort you put into it, especially into interesting articles you share here!

We are purchasing a car and

We are purchasing a car and the 2005 Toyota Prius is one that we were pleasantly surprised with the drive. It has 90,000 miles on it and looks & drives great. Were not looking for this car and stumbled across it. When you start to take off it seems a little slower and seems to "shift slower than non-hybrid cars" any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am not familiar with these cars. Anyone driving on 05 know what the average life of the car is milage wise? Any other suggestions, Thanks!

It means that regenerative

It means that regenerative braking system has generated 50 watts of electricity stored in the hybrid battery. When a Prius is coasting or braking the electric motor becomes a generator to provide braking power by generating electrictiy that is stored in the main battery. Each star represents 50 watts being generated. When you push the brake pedal the regenerative braking system is engaged. If you push harder then the AntiLock Braking System comes on. So, if you drive with a light foot your ABS system is rarely used. My 2001 Prius has 218,000 miles with the original brake lining on the rear wheels.

The Computer that controls

The Computer that controls everything in a Prius gets its power from the 12V battery. If that battery is dead then the whole car is dead, even though there is 300 or 500 volts available in the main battery. The 12 volt battery that comes in the Prius is not a heavy duty battery and the anti theft device will run the battery down if the car sets without being run for a number of days. If you plan to go away for a week or more then you should disconnect the cables to the 12v battery, or leave a charger on it.