+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Prius Battery

i'd recommend buying a 2008

i'd recommend buying a 2008 prius. what kind of car do you drive now? what has been your personal experience with it versus the reviews that are on the internet? people that have issues with things would be more likely to tell other people about it (such as postings you see here) than people that are satisfied with their product. think about it, if the 2001 prius' were that much of a problem to a majority of the population, i'm certain toyota wouldn't still be making them now. they are constantly improving on each model they come out with year after year.

i own a 2003 corolla, i absolutely love my car but it does not have anti-lock brakes and that's the one thing that bothers me because i didn't know that until i was actually in an accident. but now, it comes standard in every single toyota along with tire pressure control. trust your personal judgement first, there's the lemon law and the extended hybrid warranty, if you run into issues.

lastly, consider leasing the vehicle instead of financing it, you'd pay about $100 less on a monthly basis and you're not stuck with the vehicle if you change your mind. technology is advancing and in 3 years, the hybrids will be at another level. toyota is looking to offer a hybrid option to most of their models in the near future.

p.s. if you are in georgia or looking to buy in georgia, let me know. i work for a toyota dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

yeah dude - i have an 01 pos

yeah dude - i have an 01 pos prius --136k got it with about 104k -- ( feb 2006) -

in dec. the car started crapping out - ( triangle) had gotten triangle befor but it went away
    here in FL , things get hot and that makes the gel evap - and also tends to help cells short out ( there are 6 in each module of 38 or 40) ..

so i dont know about PS but i got the turtle , and the triangle - i'm not taking it to dealer so they can
    make me poor -- the first time ti happenedi was able to get a single module and replace it ...

i think the better solution is a pack from a recked car with low mileage ....

yeah dude - i have an 01 pos

yeah dude - i have an 01 pos prius --136k got it with about 104k -- ( feb 2006) -

in dec. the car started crapping out - ( triangle) had gotten triangle befor but it went away
    here in FL , things get hot and that makes the gel evap - and also tends to help cells short out ( there are 6 in each module of 38 or 40) ..

so i dont know about PS but i got the turtle , and the triangle - i'm not taking it to dealer so they can
    make me poor -- the first time ti happenedi was able to get a single module and replace it ...

i think the better solution is a pack from a recked car with low mileage ....

MY 01 prius, 130K, has all

MY 01 prius, 130K, has all the lights come on. I unplug the battery, negative, in the trunk and plug it back in...the lights go off.

Prius battery pack is

Prius battery pack is determined more by mileage than by time, and it has been tested to 180,000 miles. I guess <a href=http://autopartswarehouse.vox.com>Autopartswarehouse&l t;/a> is already supporting this issues.

Own a 2005 Prius (got brand

Own a 2005 Prius (got brand new). Starting about 6 months ago, 1/2 the time, the car doesn't power up all the way (red triangle) and have to push power and start over. The battery indicator drops quickly when driving and if I try to put it in neutral (for a car wash) the battery drains and the car goes dead. It does restart but then must be driven for a good while to recharge. As soon as I restart it, the battery drains again. MPG dropped from 42 in town to 32 and interstate mileage is going up. I have been told, its the weather but since I have been through 3 summer and 3 winters, I don't think so. Any suggestions?

Panasonic makes the

Panasonic makes the regenerating (hybrid) battery for Toyota Prius.

You guys should have bought

You guys should have bought an American Car.

Look at the weird problems you have. These issues and expenses will cost more than the gas you save.

I have a 2001 Prius. Two

I have a 2001 Prius. Two weeks ago the Triangle Warning Light came on and the dealer said that the catalytic converter and the hybrid battery needed to be replaced. I replaced the catalytic converter, but did not trust the dealer's assessment of the hybrid battery having "ONE CELL" dead.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what I can do instead of shelling out $2,300.00 for a new battery.

Thanks

I have the same problem -

I have the same problem - car worked 100% last thursday - will not start at all this past sunday !!! No signs of trouble ahead of time