+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Performance

Performance

What are the performance aspects of hybrids I know there is a 2007 2008 acura nsx hybrid claiming 500 hp and 800 ft lbs of torque while getting 30 miles to the gallon is there anyone out there researching turbocharging or electric boost in these systems

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Performance

There is no such car. That's just a wild claim by some 15 year old kid on a messageboard, most likely. How about you research vehicles that actually exist, such as the hybrids from Ford, Toyota, and Honda.

Performance

I'd like to know how to squeeze any performance out of my 2005 Prius, say with some brand of a computer chip or whatever. Any suggestions? And then there's the "turbonator". And what about voiding the warrantee? thanks

Performance

you can forget about getting any performance out of a prius, its designed for economy, so the internals are as lightweight as possible, any extra power and it wont be long before you snap a rod or something

Performance

Chappy, not only are the internals lightweight, the "externals" are lightweight. While all hybrids have to meet crashworthiness criteria, they would require significant beefing up (= weight) to handle hundreds of extra horsepower and the extra kinetic energy imparted by higher-speed crashes.

i don't know about it, i am

i don't know about it, i am just a newbie..