+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Hybrid Minivan US Availability?

I, like many others, are putting off a new purchase of a minivan until a hybrid comes out. Even then I would buy in the second year of production so the bugs are worked out.
    Have two Toyotas now, Avalon and Lexus RX300, with a little over 100K in miles, so I have another 100K of miles that I can wait till the hybrid minivans come out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

My mom was just in France and rented a VW Touran diesel seated eight people I think she said. if not eight than 7. I drive 2004 jetta tdi myself. I think a diesel minvan would sell well here.

Me too. Hybrid minivan right NOW. Any automakers listening??

I'm betting on the Seinna Hybrid in 2008! Toyota has prototypes of it's new hybrid synergy drive working. It's getting folded into thier hybrid models in 2008. I'd expect a LOT of Toyota/Lexus models to go Hybrid on this tansition.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10067373/

Works for me 2008/2009 is about when our Odyssey will be maxed out and it's note paid in full.

-Dan <11011011> http://ScreamingMonkeys.blogspot.com

> I think a diesel minvan would sell well here.

I agree. My cousin in France has a diesel minivan. It looked really nice. I think it would sell too.

I have just received my Estima Hybrid minivan in Napier, New Zealand, where I live. I had to import it privately from Japan, but no problems. Not sure yet if the fuel economy is as good as claimed, but I do live on a hill, so that ruins it a bit
    Very very luxurious though, I'm loving learning to drive it too!
    Good luck getting them in the USA ):

The reason they are not sold here is due to trade agreements and restrictions imposed by the US government. It would certainly outsell all us minivans and if you check recent news, Toyota, agreed to raise its price for all vehicles, to help US makers stay in business. What a sad state of affairs for US automakers.

What ever happend to the free market and market driven innovation?

Here is a good source of information about gas, diesel, or hybrids at UK's Vehicle Certification Agency:

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/

This data can be sorted by: make/model/specification; fuel economy (Imperial/metric); and fuel type (petrol/diesel/LPG-CNG/petrol-hybrid).

Do not forget the UK uses Imperial Gallon @ approximately 1.2 gallons(US).