+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Hybrid Minivan US Availability?

I think that one reason the hybrid minivan is taking so long to get here is the same problem Toyota has with the rest of their hybrids: not enough parts to go around. I google hybrid minivan all the time just to see if one is coming out here in the US. I don't know if I could afford one right now, but in 5 years, I would buy one in a second.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I too would buy a Hybrid Minivan asap!!! I only have two kids, but always have plenty of others I'd like to bring along. It's only logical that somebody would do something to get us.. U.S. one on the market. Can anybody think of a reason why they aren't????????????????

I WANT ONE NOW!!!!

Check out press release on redesigned Estima for the Japanese market. the THS II system takes Synnery Drive and customizes it specifically for minivan hybrids...

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/06/0612_2.html

As many of the posters have already stated, I would also buy a hybrid minivan in a second. I can't believe how backwards we are in U.S. Japan has had the Estima out on the market for a number of years now. What is taking the U.S. so long?

I have three children all needing car seats--the options for fuel efficient cars is pretty much non-existent--and no, the Highlander is way too small (most impractical car I've seen). I would love a van that can seat 8, has room for sports equipment, is fuel efficient, good on the environment and reliable. I will fork out the extra money for it. I don't need the crazy power of a V6 or V8 for that matter...just give me a darn van that will run and get me from point A to point B. I am not a race driver and I just can't see how 10 seconds will really make a difference in getting me from point A to point B.

We currently have a Previa that is wonderful. The Previa (which is the old Estima) is fantastic...they should have updated this van and included the hybrid as one of the options.

The greedy, greedy businesses!

Steve,
    Thanks for that link - the hybrid Estima looks great! I wish it were on the market in the U.S.

I'm a foster parent of 4 children and am expecting 2 more. I need a hybrid minivan. I have a Ford Windstar which does okay on the highway. It's the transporting around town that is the killer. I'll be sending a message to Toyota and all the other dealerships with a 8 seat capacity hybrid request.

I am ready to buy tomorrow a Hybrid Van, I don't think I will care much who makes it, just get one.

I caon't believe it has taken this long.... the Hybrid rockets for 4 or 5 passengers are really seeming a bit silly... 400 Horses and no fuel economy.... gee what is the point here?

If two of your kids are between the ages of 4 to 9 then you might consider the Highlander hybrid. The third row seat is for kids of those ages. Total capacity is seven.

I have one right now. I have a one year old and a five year old. I know I will be using this for the next 4-8 years and I know that my kids will enjoy their personal space back there.

I am averaging 28 MPG and I can squeeze it to as high as 38-40 MPG in city driving. I use a scangauge to keep track of my fuel usage.

I have an 11 year old Subaru legacy and my husband has a 2001 prius. I am desperate for new car but want a hybrid. I have to growing children and I tried the hylander - the third row seats were very uncomfortable and with those up, no trunk space. I even drove the camry - but the battery is in the trunk - so no trunck space. I have been all over the web, and the date of delivery of the hybrid minivan is fluid - with high hopes of a 2008 to be delivered in May (like they did with the 07 camry -e arly release). If I knew for sure, I would wait until May- but I am really ready for a new car and want a hybrid but no good alternatives! Im frustrated!!!
    Come on Toyota, put out the minivan - there would be lines out the door and sales would be through the roof!

No url